Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2015 8:20:42 PM EDT
I just bought this gun this weekend and for the price this is an awesome gun. I was wondering where I can get extra magazines for it. I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard they take beretta 92 mags but that may just have been a rumor in development.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
It takes Walther P99 sights. I'd contact Mec-Gar since they supply the mags that come with it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_89/1387611_Canik_TP9SA___18rd_mags.html
View Quote

im in for a few if he decides not to take them all. let me know the easiest way to pay
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice deal.

I ordered a normal TP9 Magazine and some Mec Gar +2 M9 magazine plates. Will verify if they work or not.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:25:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice deal.

I ordered a normal TP9 Magazine and some Mec Gar +2 M9 magazine plates. Will verify if they work or not.
View Quote

The 'normal' TP9 mags use the same body but the floorplate of the TP9SA is much smaller, top to bottom.  The TP9SA mags will lock up just fine in the standard TP9, so I assume that the TP9 mags would work in the TP9SA if the floorplate on the TP9 mag was replaced with a TP9SA one.

M9 mags will not work in the TP9 or TP9SA since the mag retention slot is much higher on the mag body on the TP mags than on the Beretta mags.  Could you cut a higher slot in the M9 mag (or the MecGar +2 M9 mags) to retain the mag?  Yes, of course.  Would the mag function?  I don't know...

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:33:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah was aware of the M9 magazine issue. But I hear the floor plates are compatable. Atleast the Mec Gar ones.

20+1 rounds in a handgun is making me very excited.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:02:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It takes Walther P99 sights. I'd contact Mec-Gar since they supply the mags that come with it.
View Quote

The Canik-55 TP9 takes Walther P99 night sights.  The set of Meprolight P99 sights that I put on mine fit right on, but the rear sight required you to use the cross adjustment screw from the original TP9 sight, and you also had to use the original screw and spring from the TP9 that 'retains' the square headed cross adjustment screw.  The front sight just sets on the top of the slide and is retained by the Glock-like hex-headed screw.

The Canik TP9SA rear sight comes without the cross adjustment screw and I haven't fiddled with it enough to see if the screw and spring that retain the cross adjustment screw (when it's there) are contained in the slide underneath the TP9SA rear sight.  In addition, the front sight of the TP9SA is recessed into the top of the slide with a rounded rear end.  The Meprolight P99 front sight is square backed and would leave a space in the milled slot in the top of the slide even if the holes for the retaining screws lined up correctly for attaching the front sight.

Just sayin'...

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Call century arms. They have them in stock for around $20 each. I ordered 2 extra to go with the tan tp9sa i just ordered to go along with my black one. Love this pistol!  a steal at $309
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#10]
nevermind
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Gen 1 Canik Magazines and a M9 Mec Gar +2 base plate fit with no issues.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#12]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSQEJM_5vqI
In this video, James Yeager is interviewing a Canik rep RE: the TP9SA and the rep clearly states, at the 0:37 second mark, that it takes "M9 magazines".
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In this video, James Yeager is interviewing a Canik rep RE: the TP9SA and the rep clearly states, at the 0:37 second mark, that it takes "M9 magazines".
View Quote

Regardless of what he says, the Canik TP-9SA does not take Beretta M9 mags...

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Forrest

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

M9 magazines only work with a magazine catch alteration. This is pretty neat for 30 rounders if you wanted to use some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top