Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2014 9:47:25 AM EDT
These look pretty interesting to me but there is not a lot of information out on them. Wondering if anyone has one or knows of reviews on it that they can link to? I believe STI used to import these before Grand Power. One of my big questions is if without a decocker the pistol can be safely carried hammer down with a loaded chamber for a DA pull first round or SA only 1911 style?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a safety notch for the hammer so it does not ride the firing pin directly.  So yes you can set it for DA for the 1st round.   I think Ive read here before there is a decocker model that should be released soon.  Canuck should be here soon to clarify.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Plenty of reviews, great pistol for the money, a few here,

Review

youtube

another

moar

The "another" does not like the hot link,

http://policemarksman.com/2013/06/20/bullseye-gun-review---the-grand-power-p1-pistol-a-quality-handgun-from-slovakia/

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a safety notch for the hammer so it does not ride the firing pin directly.  So yes you can set it for DA for the 1st round.   I think Ive read here before there is a decocker model that should be released soon.  Canuck should be here soon to clarify.
View Quote

You rang.....

Yep, I thumb roll the hammer down for DA first shots. You can also carry it cocked and locked.  
The Mk12 guns will eventually be available with our decocking hammer group.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
A few more Grand Power demo's here...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjyb6eRznuqEJdnHy1KbS0g
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Would you be able to retrofit current pistols with the decocking hammer group?

Thanks!

Quoted:

You rang.....

Yep, I thumb roll the hammer down for DA first shots. You can also carry it cocked and locked.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You rang.....

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks!

Quoted:
Quoted:

You rang.....

It is possible to do with 2012 and later Grand Power guns, but at this time there are no plans to sell the parts kits to the public.
There are six unique parts required for the conversion, and for liability reasons I would want to make sure any converted gun is checked out before it is returned to service.

I will discuss with Eagle Imports the viability of getting the work done by factory trained armourers in the future.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
From the people that have them do you like them? I think the look like an interesting cheaper alternative to many over priced ones out today.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Myself and a friend have a few GPs between us. They are very nicely machined with a steel subframe, and the rotating barrel has a massive lug.  Take down is easy, and full  disassembly is a matter of driving out 3 pins and the mag catch.  The trigger group operates in the steel subframe, while the trigger itself sits in the frame.  Mine is 100% reliable.  Points well. The trigger is like my 1911.  And it's got less flip than any other pistol, including low bore axis Steyr.  The older STI imports have had issues as it appears that STI tweaked things a bit for the worse.  My friends had to go back and forth to STI a couple times before it was reliable.  I don't have the new century imports, but they have been flawless.  GP has made small changes in their design, with the Mk12 being the most recent.  I won't miss the old style disassembly but it's not a big deal.

While the old century imports were heavily discounted recently it appears like the new ones will MSRP at 600.  Maybe retail will come in at 500.  The x-caliber is highly anticipated for competition.  The P45 is what I am looking forward to though, as it will handle +P+.  The new importer promises better parts availability too, but GP factory support is responsive and top notch, just email them.

Some day they will come out with a striker fired version, that my only other wish.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
From the people that have them do you like them? I think the look like an interesting cheaper alternative to many over priced ones out today.
View Quote

Most underrated pistol available today.  Amazing single action trigger pull and ridiculously short and predictable reset.  Very low recoil and muzzle flip.  I replaced two of my "go-to" self defense G17s with K100s.

Cons: 15 round capacity for a full size is low (16 if you can squeeze in some mags).  Very limited parts and support available.  Not the best takedown design on the MK7 frame, but it works.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

While the old century imports were heavily discounted recently it appears like the new ones will MSRP at 600.  Maybe retail will come in at 500.  The x-caliber is highly anticipated for competition.  The P45 is what I am looking forward to though, as it will handle +P+.  The new importer promises better parts availability too, but GP factory support is responsive and top notch, just email them.

Some day they will come out with a striker fired version, that my only other wish.
View Quote

I used to joke with the company owner that the day a Grand Power pistol ships with a striker fired system over our two awesome hammer fired options, I'd quit.

The reality is that there are a huge number of police departments and military contracts that we can't bid on because they specify a striker fired system only.
At some point, you will see a striker fired service pistol with the Grand Power rotary locking barrel system. Just a matter of when.

Until then, I'm playing with the decocking models at the moment. It keeps most of the K100's trigger feel but adds the comfort of a decocker if you hate lowering the hammer by hand.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes I would buy one today if they had a decocker model
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top