Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2014 5:18:37 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting my father a 38 revolver snub nose. We live close to the St. Louis area and crime has started to cross the river here on our IL side. My mother and father are getting to that age where they get a little more fragile physically. My dad has hinted at maybe wanting a firearm. I plan on getting him a cheap little 38 for XMAS.

The rossi 351 from what I've seen so far as decent reviews and decent price. Anyone have any experience with these??

or a alternative. My price range is $300
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Look for a used SP101.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Firing pins on the 351's are crap.  The pins break way too easily.  Have broken two - one while at the range and one with snap caps.  Smith and Wesson for the win.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]
No problems on mine. Don't dry fire w/o a snap cap.

If you want something cheap and in that price range, you could look for a used Colt or SW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top