Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2014 2:43:35 PM EDT
Happen to own a POS C9, it turned into a jam omatic, after numerous calls to attempt to get my"lifetime" warranty dealing with the shitty attitude of the employees it became blatantly obvious why this was a 99.00 pistol when I purchased it.  That being said I would stronglysuggest not buying a hi point, particularly for the warranty.  Seriously considering just tossing  this in the campfire and cutting my losses.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't throw it in a fire. It would make a better trout line weight.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Happen to own a POS C9, it turned into a jam omatic, after numerous calls to attempt to get my"lifetime" warranty dealing with the shitty attitude of the employees it became blatantly obvious why this was a 99.00 pistol when I purchased it.  That being said I would stronglysuggest not buying a hi point, particularly for the warranty.  Seriously considering just tossing  this in the campfire and cutting my losses.
View Quote

I'll take it off your hands if you're wanting to get rid of it. I'm not too far from their headquarters in Ohio. I've owned a couple of their 9mm carbines and never had any issues with either of them and use to sell them at a large gun store in Columbus, Ohio. Hi Point's customer service was always top notch when I dealt with them. One guy even brought in his CF 380 one time after purposely shooting it with his C9 while outside. I returned it for him, they replaced with a new pistol no charge and return it to the shop. He just had to pay for the initial shipping.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The customer service must have change then, because all I got from them was the runaround and a ton of BS and shit attitude from some ol bitty that answers the phone
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are so hot to go to gett rid of it I will be happy to give you my ffl's address.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I seriously do not know why people buy them pieces of crap. How is that company still even alive.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I seriously do not know why people buy them pieces of crap. How is that company still even alive.
View Quote

+1.  That is the ugliest pot metal hunk o junk I have ever laid eyes on.  They should be ashamed of selling it as a finished product looking like a giant brick.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Glockblocker gonna glockblock.

OP, name a price.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Still waiting. OP, put your mouth where my money is.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#10]
sorry, havent checked this post for quite awhile,  The C9 has been rendered inoperable and unn repairable thanks to a rather large band saw.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#11]
well, that was stupid^
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, it was.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#13]
OP sounds like he's full of shit anyway.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Poor people need to defend themselves, too, you know . . .
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
sorry, havent checked this post for quite awhile,  The C9 has been rendered inoperable and unn repairable thanks to a rather large band saw.
View Quote

Send it in for warranty repair. I bet they replace it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#16]
He ain't got time for that,  he's too busy badmouthing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I had a Hi Point 9mm carbine for several years and 500 rounds, never gave me any trouble and at 50 yards was as accurate as my AK. Only reason I let it go was when I bought a used Beretta CX4 Storm, which was a tack driver. But I also paid $650 used for the Storm vs $250 new for the 995TS. I spent a lot of time in some Hi Point forums and their customer service back then was the best.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll pay the postage + $20 for you to send me all the pieces.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Now comes the "OH,  I threw it all away.  Was that serial number important?"  dodge.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Now comes the "OH,  I threw it all away.  Was that serial number important?"  dodge.
View Quote
Like we said back in north Louisiana, "Heard a lot of barking, just seeing if they got any bite to back all that up with."

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Actually I have a .45 Hipoint pistol that someone gave me about 6 months ago. I have fired it several it several times and have to say that I have NEVER seen a problem with it. No jams, no FTF's nothing. AND its accurate! It is more accurate than my wife's SD40VE and just as accurate as my Glock 17 and 23, and my SAR B6P. And thats a .45!

I do hate its size and weight. I guess if you ran out of ammo you could throw it at someone and do a lot of damage. But for the money, its a good gun. If its all you can afford, its better than nothing.

I believe most of the hate on those guns is really due to arrogance.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Actually I have a .45 Hipoint pistol that someone gave me about 6 months ago. I have fired it several it several times and have to say that I have NEVER seen a problem with it. No jams, no FTF's nothing. AND its accurate! It is more accurate than my wife's SD40VE and just as accurate as my Glock 17 and 23, and my SAR B6P. And thats a .45!

I do hate its size and weight. I guess if you ran out of ammo you could throw it at someone and do a lot of damage. But for the money, its a good gun. If its all you can afford, its better than nothing.

I believe most of the hate on those guns is really due to arrogance.
View Quote

I hate to revive this, but this sums up pretty much all the bad reviews and press they get. Most people who bad mouth them have never touched one and only perpetuate the bad press. Many who have badmouthed them and later shot one agreed that for the money they are a great value. Is it better than nothing? Yes, is it a great weapon? No, it's not the best but if it's all you can afford, something is better than nothing at all.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:01:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a Hi Point 9mm. If someone wants to buy it let me know. I have two extra magazines with it. It was my first ever gun buy and one that I do not feel sorry about. I used it for my CCW class and home defense until I could afford my conceal carry Glock G19.

The only problem I have found with the Hi Point is that the mag release sticks out a bit to far and the way I shoot my thumb hits it causing a FTF. The class I was in for the CCW permit were shocked in how well it shot and how well it did.

The only reason I would sell is because I found another gun I would like to buy. So if interested shoot me a private message.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#24]
i guess you boys dont look at back page much theres a c9 there only shot once and the slide is broke clean in half nuff said.go blow your horn some were else.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#25]
In.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
i guess you boys dont look at back page much theres a c9 there only shot once and the slide is broke clean in half nuff said.go blow your horn some were else.
View Quote

What is back page? Breaks in half with one shot??? me thinks someone is full of it
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What is back page? Breaks in half with one shot??? me thinks someone is full of it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering he can't put together complete sentences, I would agree.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 3:02:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Well I have one and I may buy another.

Not enough good things to say about this thing

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/148710_New_Hi_Point_C9_owner__lets_compare_it_to_um____how_bout_a_Sig_P226_MK25__It_s_long_but_there_s_pix.html

Just wish it came with a rail on the 9mm
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:30:39 AM EDT
[#29]
My Father-in-law got one in a trade. Older model, it was so dirty you could barely work the slide. I cleaned it up for him. Here are the first 5 shots I took with it from 10 yards. Not something you would want to carry but I have a new found respect for the ruggedness and accuracy. And yes, that is masking tape holding the base plate on the magazine - all I had at the moment.

http://postimg.org/image/jzptpnawx/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top