Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2014 2:22:06 PM EDT
For some reason, I kind of want one of these, not so much to shoot but as something more to add to the collection. Anyone own one of these pistols? Is the quality good and does it shoot well? Any regrets? I see they have a website but I understand they're out of business. I'm just wondering if I should keep an eye out for one or move on to something else.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend used to have one of the first Automags that was worked on by Lee Jurras.
Sold it for around 1800 back in the early 90s IIRC. I recall a Guns Annual that listed them for $600 which compared to a listing of the first Dan Wesson .357 (before pistol pack with interhanging barrels) for $125.  

I heard of one guy who shot a squib and it didn't lock the next round in the chamber until it was tapped from behind.
Squeezing the trigger touched off two projetiles totalling over 400 grains with a full load of powder.  Once a gunsmith got it unlocked it was still used by the individual long afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot a wildey once upon a time, oil man in Houston had one..one heavy pistol...shot fine. action ran fine
I didn't see a perceived value for the dollar at the time,,probably in the $2k range back then, probably the same price
on gunbroker today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top