Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2014 10:16:55 PM EDT
A guy traded me this 1948 9mm Largo Star Super last week. It  came with a 9mm Para barrel, cleaning rod, extra mag, box, paperwork.

He said he bought it from Interarm's store front in the late 80s or early 90s and never shot it.

It's a former Spanish military gun as the proofs dictate.

I took it down to my range today and it performed flawlessly with the Largo barrel. Pretty darn accurate too.

With the 9mm/P barrel the mags did not like 115gr ammo (nosed down in the mag) but ate 124gr Canadian surplus like candy. Accuracy was not quite as good but acceptable.

I now have two Stars I can set-up for either 9mm Largo or 9mm Para..

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice. Star pistols truly are the sleepers in the all-metal category. I was at my pawnshop doing a transfer for my pap 92 that I bought from Centerfire and saw a a tiny 9mm in the case. Asked to see it and was surprised by its heft and balance. It was a Star m43 in their Starvelle finish. I fell in love with it and told the girl behind the counter that I would be back tomorrow to buy it if I read good things about it online. Went back the next morning and it was gone.
Now I'm on the lookout for one. The pawnshop was asking 300 bucks for it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had a Star Super for 20 years, nice shooting pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top