Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2014 2:07:06 AM EDT
I have one of these in .357 and it's basically a club. It won't feed worth a damn. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I wanted one for quite a while and even got to shoot one but, it acted up as well...........
After doing some research I found others had issues with them as well so I opted not to get one.
If you really want to keep it, I would contact thier customer service (which I have read is a head ache in itself) and hopefully they can get you going.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have only had one Rossi out of several that wouldn't feed.  I looked closely at the action and compared it to another one and found a piece of flashing that needed cleaned up.  It was a 5 minute fix.  

The ranch hand may have some other inherent issues I am not aware of.  I kind of want one, yet it will probably just be a wall display.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
YouTube says feed it round nosed bullets. I've got some coming, should be here early this week. I'll load them up to give them a try.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
YouTube says feed it round nosed bullets. I've got some coming, should be here early this week. I'll load them up to give them a try.
View Quote

Not picking on you, but the weapon should really be able to feed regular JHP's. The stipulation of round nose bullets is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Have one for a while now, at first had problems feeding HP but  I just kept working the action with some authority and at times will  give it a fast double action throw to get it to feed.  Now I have no problems feeding and ejecting the .357 HP.  On the other hand regarding shooting the .38 specials...no problem feeding the HP...but ejecting them most of the time I have issues with ejection.  Not really sure what causes this, I think it has to do with the .38 rimless case groove not deep enough for the extractor to get a hold off as compared to the .357.  
Another known problem I Beleive only with the early productions are the factory sights, they maxed out on adjustment and could not even get on target at 25y, approximately 6" off the target.   Some research pointed out Steve gunz has these correct sights specifically for the rossi ranch hand, and works great now.  If your willing to spend a little more I would check out Chiapas version seems to be of better quality.

But once you get them to work, their a blast to shoot
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not picking on you, but the weapon should really be able to feed regular JHP's. The stipulation of round nose bullets is ridiculous.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I totally agree!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top