Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2014 11:56:19 PM EDT
Got an email yesterday with some very exciting news! The BATFE has approved the importation of the Arsenal Strike One and we should be seeing them in September. Guess I'll start saving my pennies since it sports an $800 price tag. here is the text from the email I received. It can also be found on their website Arsenal Firearms

"Arsenal Firearms is proud to announce that the United States Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has approved the AF-1 Strike One semiautomatic pistol for imports in the United States of America. The revolutionary lock and higher performance pistol, entirely manufactured in Italy by Arsenal Firearms, already on widespread distribution worldwide, will soon start shipping to the USA as well.

Arsenal Firearms, through International Firearm Corporation, will soon start selecting Authorized Arsenal Dealers across the United States. International Firearm Corporation’s new shipment of AF-2011’s and the highly anticipated AF-1 Strike One in 9mm is expected by September 2014. All Arsenal Firearms products and accessories will be channeled to the US market via the newly consolidated partnership with Mr. Raymond “Tony” Mussatto, owner and CEO of Tony’s Custom Creations LLC (importer of record) and IFC (International Firearm Corporation). Both companies are located in Oklahoma City, OK, an ideal city as it is strategically and centrally located in the United States. This location will allow for great flexibility in distribution and service to all parts of the U.S. America will quickly take note of a newly-formed company that places customer service at a level that surpasses any in the United States’ firearm industry.

Tony’s Custom Creations and International Firearm Corporation will also act in total synergy and tight contact with Arsenal Firearms of Italy as a state-of-the-art warranty service center while also providing spare parts and accessories. IFC will also be Arsenal Firearms' U.S. custom shop for all firearms imported to the United States. IFC will offer specialty accessories, engraving capability, and an exclusive line of AF products. For more information, please contact International Firearm Corporation in Oklahoma City, OK at [email protected] or call 405-642-9975, or 405-642-2394.

You can also go to http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/.
Change is coming to the United States of America. Stay connected.

Arsenal Firearms Group - The Board."
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:17:16 AM EDT
[#1]
So it's an Italian Glock?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That fucked the shit out of a Kel Tec and had a baby......
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The extreme hype gives me a headache.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The Arsenals look very interesting but lack a well know manufacturer. There have been many manufacturers that have come and gone over the years that had great ideas but failed for one reason or another. I think I'll wait to see how this company/design works out.

It looks very similar to the Diamondback Firearms DB FS Nine pistols.

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/product?id=69
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Arsenals look very interesting but lack a well know manufacturer. There have been many manufacturers that have come and gone over the years that had great ideas but failed for one reason or another. I think I'll wait to see how this company/design works out.

View Quote

yes they do look very similar. I think the success will depend completely on the marketing strategy. I have never been one to follow the crowd when it comes to my taste in anything. When this becomes available they at least have one sold. The design has been in service with Russian Special Forces and is the first contender to be their next armed forces service pistol. its been out since 2012 so the bugs have had time to surface and be worked. out. Honestly I have been following this product and this company for over six months. They are very transparent and set realistic goals and timelines which I feel will lend its self to one of the smoothest US launches  of a new firearm we have seen.  still saving my pennies.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there any technical information actually out on this, other than their hyped-up promo text?  I'm interested in how it functions and whatever the locking design is.

Seems like both this and the DB Nine have a lot of unnecessary slide milling.  I'm interested in what the price point will be.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Tony's GB account already has them in all colors for presale.  $500 down and an estimated MSRP of $799.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

oh look!  a completely unoriginal thought based on ignorance!
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

technically they are made by Tanfoglio.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, good, I'm not the only one thinking the Italians have finally come out w/ a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh, good, I'm not the only one thinking the Italians have finally come out w/ a Glock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

just admit you don't know what you are talking about past the slide shape.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  just admit you don't know what you are talking about past the slide shape.

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/strike_one_blown_up1.jpg
<a href="http://s23.photobucket.com/user/kombayotch/media/Shot%20Show/Shot%20Show%202013/Strike_One_12_zpsa5468ac8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/kombayotch/Shot%20Show/Shot%20Show%202013/Strike_One_12_zpsa5468ac8.jpg</a>
View Quote

I am curious about the lockup.  Other than that, it appears to be a polymer framed service pistol w/ a DAO or half-action trigger, and intended to compete directly w/ Glock in the polymer framed service pistol market.  Anything else I miss?  Is Jesus going to be packing these on his Second Coming?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am curious about the lockup.  Other than that, it appears to be a polymer framed service pistol w/ a DAO or half-action trigger, and intended to compete directly w/ Glock in the polymer framed service pistol market.  Anything else I miss?  Is Jesus going to be packing these on his Second Coming?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  just admit you don't know what you are talking about past the slide shape.

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/strike_one_blown_up1.jpg
<a href="http://s23.photobucket.com/user/kombayotch/media/Shot%20Show/Shot%20Show%202013/Strike_One_12_zpsa5468ac8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/kombayotch/Shot%20Show/Shot%20Show%202013/Strike_One_12_zpsa5468ac8.jpg</a>

LOL.  I hope in a few they will have proven themselves and come down in price.  Gonna stick with my M&P for now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  LOL.  I hope in a few they will have proven themselves and come down in price.  Gonna stick with my M&P for now.
View Quote

HA!  You're not much of a convert.  Anyone care to explain how it's locking up?  Better for suppressor use?  Polygonal bbl that can shoot lead reloads w/o explosions?  Metal magazines that can replace Glock mags in non-Glock firearms w/ higher capacity?  Italian butter smooth DAO trigger pull that is child-safe?  Dog-shooting prevention safety for police use?  
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't call Tanfoglio a well know manufacturer, at least not here in the US. I'm not discounting the potential success of this pistol but wouldn't put Tanfoglio on the same level as Glock, HK or even Ruger. I am looking forward to seeing how well this pistol will do in the US.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont see these selling well for 800 in the usa market.  Which means cdnn will have the closeouts for 299 when they admit it was a flop. Save your money till then.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Wait, last time I saw this weapon it was of Russian manufacture.  So licensed to Italy for easy of sale to the US?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Italy had the capability to mass produce. They also have quality control.   That said, sticking to my glock.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder how this works out now with the sanction of Russian firearms...

Since I'm unclear as to who is actually making these, and where they are being made, I wonder if these fall under this or not.

Thoughts from the board?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:00:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Since I'm unclear as to who is actually making these, and where they are being made, I wonder if these fall under this or not.

Thoughts from the board?
View Quote

Sounds like they are being produced in Italy, lets be optimists and hope they are fine for import, because I'd like to have one. Although I hope the price is wrong, thats to high if they plan on taking a big chunk of Glock business.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sounds like they are being produced in Italy, lets be optimists and hope they are fine for import, because I'd like to have one. Although I hope the price is wrong, thats to high if they plan on taking a big chunk of Glock business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts from the board?

Place of production, and origin of importation are different.  If Arsenal is "making" them, I still wonder what their status is going to be...

Maybe Tony's Imports can chime in
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Any word on this?

I went to LGS yesterday, they didn't even about this pistol.

I googled and Binged, but nothing. Maybe someone on the inside heard something?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Found this article about the strike one today. Here

Has a, for sale date of September 2014.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I just bought an Arsenal Strike One.  Grey and Stainless.  WOW!
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I thought Yankee Marshall aka Playboy Penguin has had one of these for months now???
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:  I just bought an Arsenal Strike One.  Grey and Stainless.  WOW!
View Quote

Pics?  How does the lockup work?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:01:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine will be in my possession in 2 days. Will give you guys a decent review of how I like it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mine will be in my possession in 2 days. Will give you guys a decent review of how I like it.
View Quote

Well?

Update?

Edit: in the mean time I've been looking for a diamondback DBFS9. Those are interesting for the price. Glock knock off, but for $279, very interested.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Shot the Strike one side by side with my M&P pro and my Timberwolf G17. I could feel a difference in felt recoil being the Strike one felt the least, but it didn't show up while shooting. I was faster with my M&P with Apex trigger and shot tighter groups with it than my Glock or Strike one. I agree it's a great shooting gun but I still prefer my M&P more and it shows in my shooting. The Strike was 100% reliable and I can't complain about much other than I prefer the Sear type trigger in the M&P over the others. Overall I give it a 8 out of 10.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Shot the Strike one side by side with my M&P pro and my Timberwolf G17. I could feel a difference in felt recoil being the Strike one felt the least, but it didn't show up while shooting. I was faster with my M&P with Apex trigger and shot tighter groups with it than my Glock or Strike one. I agree it's a great shooting gun but I still prefer my M&P more and it shows in my shooting. The Strike was 100% reliable and I can't complain about much other than I prefer the Sear type trigger in the M&P over the others. Overall I give it a 8 out of 10.
View Quote

What will be interesting to see is, when you get more trigger time on the strike one if you start shooting it as well as your M&P.

Also, it will be interesting to see how the after market support will refine the strike one, with trigger enhancements and the like. At this point, I keep hearing the same tone, which is at its price point the strike one is not worth it. There are cheaper, better options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top