Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2014 2:40:40 PM EDT
Picked one of these up the other day I must say for what you get and the fact that it shoots very well, I love the pistol.  Only issue I have is the holster (serpa type) that comes with the gun, is very loose and sloppy.  There is no adjustment.  Anybody have any thoughts on how to tighten it up without marring something on the gun?
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]
How is the fit and finish? What did you pay and where did you buy it?
The only thing I don't like about CZ's is the fact that the front sights are machined so far into the slides, although it does not seem to pose a problem.

Do you have an opinion on how accurate it is?
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is the fit and finish? What did you pay and where did you buy it?
The only thing I don't like about CZ's is the fact that the front sights are machined so far into the slides, although it does not seem to pose a problem.

Do you have an opinion on how accurate it is?
View Quote

I had my local dealer order one in got it for $365.00 I am very impressed with it.  Only problem I have is with the holster, I like serpa holsters and would really like to make this work.  It shoots good enough 15 to 25 yds, it not my favorite gun to shoot but it aint bad either.  No hick ups so far 400 + through it 25 of that was critical defense.
here are some pics.

here is a pic of the single action indicator.

double action mode

btw I called century and they told me the holster slop is normal.  I say it's not and I am open for suggestions to fix my issue.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one in desert tan. Yes, holster was sloppy on retention, bought it for $299 from Classic Firearms. Theyve since raised the price to $319.

I shot it once. Made my hand cramp up, Hurt like hell. Promptly sold it for $275
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Walther P99 night sights will fit...

Forrest
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#5]
They are a good value, you find 20 positive reviews for every negative review. The TP-9 is on my pending to buy list with the night sights (thanks Forrest, saw a couple posts from you on the simple sights change).
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Step son just got one and we broke it in today. His is titanium and is a really good looking pistol, But that's where it seems to end.

I was sorely disappointed in the trigger and action. It needs a shit ton of work. The ergos are nice for a medium sized hand, the sights a little lower profile than my Sig P226 but still clearly visible, but I just can't get past the trigger, the slop, the creep and the set. I think if someone were to really put some time behind it, it would be a good firearm for them. I think I expected too much from a bargain pistol, but bargain pistol it is. There's some good value there to be had.

I'd like to give it another go, but this time, leave my Sigs at home and really concentrate on figuring out the TP-9. I can't believe how horrible I shot with it and know it is capable of much more.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Step son just got one and we broke it in today. His is titanium and is a really good looking pistol, But that's where it seems to end.

I was sorely disappointed in the trigger and action. It needs a shit ton of work. The ergos are nice for a medium sized hand, the sights a little lower profile than my Sig P226 but still clearly visible, but I just can't get past the trigger, the slop, the creep and the set. I think if someone were to really put some time behind it, it would be a good firearm for them. I think I expected too much from a bargain pistol, but bargain pistol it is. There's some good value there to be had.

I'd like to give it another go, but this time, leave my Sigs at home and really concentrate on figuring out the TP-9. I can't believe how horrible I shot with it and know it is capable of much more.
View Quote

Interestingly, I just read a review last night, CZClones forum I believe, and the reviewer basically said they own 87 handguns and have been shooting forever and it is the worst trigger they have even encountered but they still think the gun is decent. This duplicates your remarks almost exactly.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Interestingly, I just read a review last night, CZClones forum I believe, and the reviewer basically said they own 87 handguns and have been shooting forever and it is the worst trigger they have even encountered but they still think the gun is decent. This duplicates your remarks almost exactly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was my first encounter with one. I was surprised to find it was a striker fired DA/SA. I knew nothing about them until the night before when I did  google search on it.
If there are parts, or a way to work out those horrific trigger problems, it may be a decent bargain pistol.

For shits and giggles, I had the kid shoot his, and then without him even moving, handed him a P226 so he could see the difference. He couldn't come close to hitting the target with his, but shot decent with mine. I had a rough time with that trigger and was frustrated with watching the front of the pistol bounce and shake all over as it was going through the stages. Frustrating is the only way I can describe it. I really wanted to like it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#9]
The trigger is "unique" in it's own way, I could not go back and forth between it and my Glock. I did the best with it when I let the trigger out just enough to let it reset, other than that after 250 rounds of Wolf it did not have a stoppage.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Apprently that reviewer has never shot a VP70Z.  No way the Canik is remotely close to an 18lb pull.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Apprently that reviewer has never shot a VP70Z.  No way the Canik is remotely close to an 18lb pull.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw a VP70Z on the cheap on GB recently, a quick search showed why it was cheap (as a HK goes).  I have to defer to those who have shot the TP-9. From the reviews, I am not sure the problem is the heavy pull, more a combination of grit, slop, stacking, pull, on and on.  

FWIW, I picked up (bought) a Tri-Star C-100, excellent trigger.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 2:35:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Well my holster problem is not as much of a big deal as I would have thought.  Anyhow I now have about 600rds down range no problems at all with the pistol.  Trigger is different but the gun is very much usable.  I like trying different types of guns and seeing how they work especially these new type imports.  My Glock19 is still top of my list though.  But I would not be afraid to use or carry a TP-9.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know where to get extra magazines for these guns.  I have about 300 rounds through mine right now and it has worked great.  The trigger is very heavy but seems to get better the more I shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone know where to get extra magazines for these guns.  I have about 300 rounds through mine right now and it has worked great.  The trigger is very heavy but seems to get better the more I shoot it.
View Quote

I ordered extra mags directly from the importer, Century Arms...

That was back last year before we (Colorado) joined the list of People's Republics, of course.

Forrest

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Mags are also at Sportsmans Guide.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I fondled a Canik 55 TP-9 at PSA's Fernandina store ($323).

Nice looking pistol and the ergonomica seem to be very good. Fit and finish are a tad off but for a pistol of this price point it's not too shabby.

My only concern is who's going to service it if problems arise and for this reason I'm holding out for the new Ruger 9E.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top