Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2014 6:08:12 AM EDT

Picked up one of these because I was impressed with the one I did for my dad. American Classic Commander 1911 (Metro Arms). Installed wolf spring package, buffed, polished, cut seer, etc.. Trigger pull is 3.25lb's and for now those black grips but Hakan is making me some custom ones that should be ready for end of July he said I can't wait.

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I absolutely love mine. I have put a few thousand rounds thru mine (just over 3,000). It feels super good in my hand and I feel very comfortable with it.
The only thing I do not like is the extended safety, I have no issues with it when shooting. When I carry the pistol (IWB, Comptac holster) I have to be extremely careful when removing the holster from my pants as it is very easy at that time for the safety to get disengaged. I am aware of the issue and typically place a finger inside to make sure the safety stays engaged when removing the holster and I have no issue. I do not have this issue on 1911's that do not have the extended safety so I think the extended safety is the problem.

FYI there is no issue or problem when removing the weapon from the holster only when removing the holster and pistol as a unit from my pants.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#2]
My dad didn't like the extended either I just put a wilson combat regular one on his.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Shooter, I will give one a try.

I think these are a great value and highly under rated.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I filmed the complete tear down and what I did to the gun on my go pro but it was so huge, I am going to redo the video this weekend and basically just shows each step I took. Mine is exactly 3.25lb trigger pull and used the finest stones I could for the rails, etc... I basically polished every part in the gun, and then inside the firing pin housing and extractor housing I used 1000 grit sandpaper to just smooth it out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Would love to see the video.  First thing I did to mine was replace the extended release.  David

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 12:40:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I had graduation this week, but I have the video recorded I just have to edit it in gopro's editor....basically it is going to show everything I did to the gun and the final pull weight. I actually like the extended slide release, I just want one of those Kings combat safety replacements.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 12:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Also, Hakan is making me some grips out of olivewood which he said should be ready for end of July just in time for my birthday ... can't wait. Also I bought 10 of those Keepshooting.com 1911 magazines that are like $11 and trust me they work flawless with this gun and my other 1911. Don't be scurd of them....
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Updated pictures

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top