Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2014 5:11:37 PM EDT
I recently bought a used Yugo M57 from AIM. It was used and I expected some wear. I was happy with the overall condition of the gun but it has a couple of major issues...

When the hammer is cocked it will not fire unless I put some downward pressure on the hammer with my thumb with trigger depressed. I have not tried any live ammo shooting yet (for a couple of different reasons). I contacted AIM and they said it may be the safety. Told me to take the gun apart and remove safety to see if that makes a difference. I saw some videos on You Tube on the M57's, with problems like mine, one suggestion was to file down part of the safety.

I have not had a chance to  completely take gun apart and check on safety yet, but anyone else have any issues like mine? Aim has been helpful, I suggested that it may be the hammer mechanism but they suggested I try the safety issue first and get back with them. They are currently out of the used M57 so im not sure how they will rectify the situation if its not an easy fix.

Is there any good sites with tok parts if it is just a matter of replacing the hammer mechanism and other parts if needed?

Thanks, this is my first post and thanks to all the advise you all have give me over the years! !!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
These guns never had safeties originally, they are added before importation for safety compliance.

I would take their advice, remove the safety, and (carefully) see if it operates as expected, then go from there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that is what I am going to work on tonight, I hope its a easy fix, I was happy overall with the condition of the gun. I just need it to go bang...
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#3]
My new Tok m57 from AIM had to be returned.  The hammer dropped every time the slide was manually racked.  
Ate the shipping and transfer fee.  My CZ-999 40, also from Zastava, had to be returned to Century twice.  The 3rd pistol worked.

Moral, don't buy new made Zastava.  Don't know if yours was new used or old used.

Tony  
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I took off the safety , hammer works now (I think) but the slide release does not work properly. The gun will fire with the safety removed however I could not get the firing pin out or extractor out either. I'm not sure how they can make this right, I went into it knowing I was buying a used old gun but It should at least work. The cost of sending the gun back and other transfer fees defeats the purpose of the inexpensive gun. I will put my own time/money in to make the gun serviceable but I hope AIM does something for me. I have not shot it yet because of the slide release issue and lack of ammo. I was considering buying a new one in 7.62-25 and a 9mm version but I think I wait until they get their products squared away... I have been happy with AIM in the past but there are lots of companies that offer same stuff for about same prices..
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I explained everything to AIM, they could not replace the Yugo as they were out of stock and shipping and transfer fees would defeat the purpose of the inexpensive gun . We came to an agreement that they would give me a discount on my next order and I would work on getting the gun up and running. I am happy with the agreement and the customer service.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm having a hard time understanding how the slide release doesn't work.
Why are you taking out the extractor?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I wanted to break it completely down as it was pretty cruddy and I wanted to know how to do it. The slide release is still a mystery to me although I have not had time to work on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top