Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2014 4:35:38 PM EDT
I just picked one up yesterday and shot it today. I LOVE the trigger. I LOVE the feel of it. It's the single stack 9 size that glock won't make.

I don't know if I can trust it for my EDC that I wanted it to be. the mag retention claws interfere with the follower when it goes past them. the followers were tight and were binding (i fixed that), and i had MANY FTF when shooting weak handed with the gun at an angle (to get a sight picture). I put over 150rnds through it after cleaning all the oil out of it. I used WWB , S&B, Critical duty and blazer brass. I had 2 FTFire with decent hits on the primer...WWB ammo, and one S&B shooting strong hand. also had 2 where it failed to chamber and the round nosedived. Zero FTE issues tho. I REALLLY wanna carry this gun but my glocks never had teething problems, nor my 1911's.

I am going to see if I can get it ironed out but if not I will have to let it go. advise?

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I`m really interested in this gun. I want a new gun for concealed carry, full time. choices are
down to the XDM, the Shield, or the BP9. I also really like that trigger on the Bersa.

this thread is relevant to my interests.
scruff
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 4:00:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Local shop had one to rent and I put 100 rounds of Federal 124gr FMJ through it w/o issues.  It was in serious consideration for my carry gun, but they could never get another in.  Ended up w/ a Kahr CW9, but enjoyed the BP9CC.  Hope it gets to running better for you, keep us posted.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag and you should have put this is general handgun discussions, alot more traffic
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Then i woulda got yelled at for not putting here LOL. oh well.

I need to shoot it again. It feels so dang good in my hand.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Then i woulda got yelled at for not putting here LOL. oh well.

I need to shoot it again. It feels so dang good in my hand.
View Quote

As long as you're posting on ARFcom, you got yellings coming
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I looked at few at the LGS but I've seen a lot of variation how the barrel ramp was cut and didn't buy it.

I liked the trigger and the gun flatness.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife picked up one this past summer for her CC.

She has about 600 rounds through it with only 3 FTfires with Tula and 2 FTE with WWB.

Other than that, no problems.  Shoots great and very accurate.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just picked one up yesterday and shot it today. I LOVE the trigger. I LOVE the feel of it. It's the single stack 9 size that glock won't make.

I don't know if I can trust it for my EDC that I wanted it to be. the mag retention claws interfere with the follower when it goes past them. the followers were tight and were binding (i fixed that), and i had MANY FTF when shooting weak handed with the gun at an angle (to get a sight picture). I put over 150rnds through it after cleaning all the oil out of it. I used WWB , S&B, Critical duty and blazer brass. I had 2 FTFire with decent hits on the primer...WWB ammo, and one S&B shooting strong hand. also had 2 where it failed to chamber and the round nosedived. Zero FTE issues tho. I REALLLY wanna carry this gun but my glocks never had teething problems, nor my 1911's.

I am going to see if I can get it ironed out but if not I will have to let it go. advise?

View Quote

Would you drive a car built in Argentina?

Just saying.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just saying.
View Quote

Probably not.  But the Bersa isn't a car.  It's a gun.  The Thunder 380 I own is a fine firearm.

I've seen one Bersa BP9CC in the wild.  It looked fine to me.  The big problem is going to be getting a holster for it.
If Bersa doesn't get some of these guns out in the real world It'll get trampled by the R-51

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just saying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying.

Probably not. But then again, the Argentinians aren't known for making good automobiles.

On the other hand, they are known for making some pretty damn decent handguns. Every Bersa I've seen has been GTG.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Probably not. But then again, the Argentinians aren't known for making good automobiles.

On the other hand, they are known for making some pretty damn decent handguns. Every Bersa I've seen has been GTG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying.

I've literally seen the slide fly off the front of a Bersa.

No thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen a slide on a beretta break too. What does that prove?

Just saying.

No thanks.

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#13]
at this point it's either sell the impulse purchase or keep running ammo through it and wonder if it will be there to save my ass...or NOT.

I really don't feel like "making a gun work correctly"

looks like I am out of the Bersa game. awesome trigger. awesome grip, awesome size.

IN for a single stack glock 9.

EDIT: I posted in the bersachat forum and they deleted my post. I put up the good and bad things and what I found wrong. Log post with info on the mag catch and follower issues, ammo i used, my feed problems, etc. I mentioned probably selling my gun if it doesn't work out and the mod deleted the entire post for breaching the "no gun sales on the forum" rule.......because I simply said I would most likely be getting rid of it. . what a tool!

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I like mine.   Try cleaning it really well; they bathe it pretty good in this sticky, nasty stuff.  Also, remove the backing cover and clean out the firing pin channel.  Watch out for the little spring when removing the cover.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying.

No thanks.

Kind of a silly thing to say dude.  If it's put back together correctly the slide can't fly off.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I like mine.   Try cleaning it really well; they bathe it pretty good in this sticky, nasty stuff.  Also, remove the backing cover and clean out the firing pin channel.  Watch out for the little spring when removing the cover.  

View Quote
yep. done and done. i had two FTF primers....multiple hits and no fire. i think they were just WWB duds tho.

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 3:42:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I had a bersa thunder hi cap 9mm that was 100% reliable and surprisingly accurate, first time out I shot better groups than the Beretta 92 I've had for years. Let it go when I was thinning out some 9mms from my collection.  But when it comes to carry it has to be 100% IMHO. I traded my Kahr PM45 that i had for years, wonderful shooting gun but seems that about every 100 rounds it would jam or misfeed. I'd never complain about that in a range gun but unacceptable for carry. How many mags have you tried? if your original mag had issues with a sticky follower I'd try another mag first. Then field strip it and clean it again, and try a different brand of ammo. My experience with WWB isn't great, best ammo I've used is Fiocchi, Federal Premium & Speer Lawman. I'd give it at least another 100 rounds before you give up on it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:38:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Kind of a silly thing to say dude.  If it's put back together correctly the slide can't fly off.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying.

No thanks.

Not of the slide stop cracked because it was made of shitty metal... dude.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Well ,you should probably buy an XDS then...

I have  a few thousand flawless rounds through my BP and other than the front sight snapping off last week I haven't had a problem.  
Eagle Imports sent a replacement sight N/C from NJ.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not of the slide stop cracked because it was made of shitty metal... dude.
View Quote

I don't think one can assert that because one broke that you witnessed means any or all others made by the company are inferior. I've seen defective Colts, HK's and Berettas before... exceptions to the rule.
I've had Bersa's for almost 25 years and never had a defective one. I wore my first one to the point it broke a spring- had to be a couple thousand rounds minimum. Lots of people I know have had them and no more issues than any other brand.
To argue from the particular to the general is a serious logic flaw.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I had a bersa thunder hi cap 9mm that was 100% reliable and surprisingly accurate, first time out I shot better groups than the Beretta 92 I've had for years. Let it go when I was thinning out some 9mms from my collection.  But when it comes to carry it has to be 100% IMHO. I traded my Kahr PM45 that i had for years, wonderful shooting gun but seems that about every 100 rounds it would jam or misfeed. I'd never complain about that in a range gun but unacceptable for carry. How many mags have you tried? if your original mag had issues with a sticky follower I'd try another mag first. Then field strip it and clean it again, and try a different brand of ammo. My experience with WWB isn't great, best ammo I've used is Fiocchi, Federal Premium & Speer Lawman. I'd give it at least another 100 rounds before you give up on it.
View Quote
I tried 3 different ammo's.  The mags both had the same issues. It seems to be a design flaw. They both hung up arpunf the mag release slots. The mag lock actually hits the follower when it operates. Being a small-arms repairman for 6 years makes me able to find a fault quickly. It seems the mags and mag release system are my issue. I did  check an xds at work...their mag releases do not hit the followers. I would rock an XDS but the grip is about 1rnd to short for me. Allllmost nailed the size i want.

Sorry its the dead of winter and i use my brother place to shoot...so i have to pay to shoot handguns at an indoor range for now....his perrogative not mine. Sorry no updates. Mayne sunday i will run another 100rnds through it of good ammo. If it doesnt go bang 100times its sooooooo gone. I never have bought a pistol that didnt go bang every time under most normal circumstances.

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I tried 3 different ammo's.  The mags both had the same issues. It seems to be a design flaw. They both hung up arpunf the mag release slots. The mag lock actually hits the follower when it operates. Being a small-arms repairman for 6 years makes me able to find a fault quickly. It seems the mags and mag release system are my issue. I did  check an xds at work...their mag releases do not hit the followers. I would rock an XDS but the grip is about 1rnd to short for me. Allllmost nailed the size i want.    

Sorry its the dead of winter and i use my brother place to shoot...so i have to pay to shoot handguns at an indoor range for now....his perrogative not mine. Sorry no updates. Mayne sunday i will run another 100rnds through it of good ammo. If it doesnt go bang 100times its sooooooo gone. I never have bought a pistol that didnt go bang every time under most normal circumstances.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you mention the grip being short on the XDS.  One of things I really like about the BP9 is the grip length; I can easily get 3 fingers on it.  I can tell you 100% the Shield with 8 round extended mag is the same size as the BP9.  Something to think about.
I'm taking my BP to the range this evening.  I'll pay attention to what you're saying here but so far, I haven't been able to see past the single ragged hole in the target and that sweet trigger.

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, for me the M&P series trigger is atrocious. The shield is also slide chunky and funky to me. I wish the bp9 didnt feel so perfect....thats what made me buy it.

Yeah lemme know what you find at the range. Mine is accurate and smooth, but it doesnt go bang every time.

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#24]
The Kahr CW9 has a slightly longer grip, it may be worth a look if you are alright w/ its DA-esque trigger. I was initially after a Shield, but picked up my CW9 while I was waiting and ended up getting by Shield deposit back.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#25]
nah, we have all the kahr's at work....trigger is like 2ft travel, nogo for me. slide is also hellllla tight. feels nice, but trigger is def a dealbreaker for me.

maybe I will go with an XDS-9 with a pierce grip extension. the trigger is kinda heavy for me, but it's short reset and pull so that's nice. The ones we have at work are all post recall as well, for $599 retail.

this bersa is like the hot chick with emotional problems....she feels awesome, but not exactly the one you want when the chips are down LOL.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I shot my BP9 last night.  The new sight Bersa sent me?  The white dot fell out after the first shot!  
I called Eagle Imports and they are sending me another sight.  
I shot it with the dot missing which essentially made it a blacked out sight post.  First time I ever tried that.  
150 rounds, every round went boom.  I looked at the mag well and can see how the top round in the mag kinda sits above the slide lock.  All I can say is in thousands of rounds, mine fires every time.
The trigger is sweet; makes all other single stacks feel like shit.

If the OP is serious about liking the pistol perhaps a call to Eagle Imports for a new firing pin spring is in order?  I'm sure if you tell them you are having light strike issues they will just send you the spring, maybe even a whole new firing pin assy?
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I shot my BP9 last night.  The new sight Bersa sent me?  The white dot fell out after the first shot!  
I called Eagle Imports and they are sending me another sight.  
I shot it with the dot missing which essentially made it a blacked out sight post.  First time I ever tried that.  
150 rounds, every round went boom.  I looked at the mag well and can see how the top round in the mag kinda sits above the slide lock.  All I can say is in thousands of rounds, mine fires every time.
The trigger is sweet; makes all other single stacks feel like shit.

If the OP is serious about liking the pistol perhaps a call to Eagle Imports for a new firing pin spring is in order?  I'm sure if you tell them you are having light strike issues they will just send you the spring, maybe even a whole new firing pin assy?
View Quote

You've convinced me to buy one. I've been on the fence for a while and want something between my DB9 and G19. Everything I read about this gun is how awesome the trigger is.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#28]
The trigger is sooooo awesome. I caery my G26 daily, at eork and off work. It's going to be hard to stop carrying that for the bersa. The thing is, i have never heard of a glock (gen 3) coming out of the factory with bad parts, or ever having an issue. For me,going from a proven gun to one with the most issues i have ever had with a firearm, including poor design aspects, could prove to be a deadly mistake.

I'm going to stick with my G26. Flush 10 for carry, xgrip 15 fpr work.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The trigger is sooooo awesome. I caery my G26 daily, at eork and off work. It's going to be hard to stop carrying that for the bersa. The thing is, i have never heard of a glock (gen 3) coming out of the factory with bad parts, or ever having an issue. For me,going from a proven gun to one with the most issues i have ever had with a firearm, including poor design aspects, could prove to be a deadly mistake.

I'm going to stick with my G26. Flush 10 for carry, xgrip 15 fpr work.
View Quote

Glocks have absolutely had their problems (Even Gen 3's) but I certainly understand the logic.
I have a Nano that shoots 124G all day long, the moment I drop a 115 G in the chamber it doesn't eject.  It's amazing to me.  I can shoot 300 straight 124G flawless rounds and the first 115G load stops it in it's tracks.  
I don't question designs until the design lets the gun down.  The design of the bp9cc hasn't let it down so it is "proven".
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#30]
I think the design let the gun down, from a CCW "MUST WORK" standpoint

Th each their own.

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I have the pistol for sale at my local shop. Sorry guys but i gave up on this thing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying.

No thanks.

I've seen a slide fly off a Glock too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Had my Bp9cc for 2months now and my first cc pistol,  since I shot it never had one single failure.  Great feeling cc pistol and urge those to give one a try.  The front white dot also came off.....I usually black out all my pistols sights anyway
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Sorry you got a dog, I generally hear good things about Bersa.

Sar Arms, Canik, Tri-Star might be good choices for another budget carry gun.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I went back to my Glock 26. I won't buy a budget gun (or a Bersa) ever again. I sold it at a shop for $350.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 1:26:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Sold my 3 glocks 26/17L/17.....years ago,  never lost sleep over it
still like my bersa for CC
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 6:22:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Curious... You said you "fixed" the magazine followers, what did you do exactly?
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Curious... You said you "fixed" the magazine followers, what did you do exactly?
View Quote
I believe that i had to cut a small notch in the front so the mag release didn't  interfere with them and cause feeding issues. It has a mag release like an XDS but its much cruder and the follower hits the mag release feet when it comes up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top