Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2014 5:42:02 PM EDT
SIM Surplus has thes listed on their site. They look kike a Walther P99. Anyone have and experience with these? I'm thinking of picking up one of the FDE models.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CHG2846DN&utm_source=AIM+Surplus+Main+List&utm_campaign=0cd01ddd01-01312014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6870497a6a-0cd01ddd01-18139621
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They are great guns...

Because of the mag floorplate design, P99 mags will not fit.

But P99 night sights will...

They are fairly big in the hand but, then again, I have big hands and they feel really good to me.

Forrest
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Forrest, the FDE versions looks pretty good, at $319 the price can't be beat.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy two or more for $310 each at JGSales
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
i  was looking hard at these, but went with a eaa sar b6p compact for 255 delivered from grab a gun.. its supposed to be a true cz clone.. haven't got it yet so I cant comment on it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I fondled one today at the gun show. The sights are not great (plastic). But they can be replaced easily. The gun felt really good and the trigger was not that bad. A little weird with the double action break and decocker mounted on the top of the slide. But the single action trigger had very little reset. I may actually buy one of these. For $300 it seems like a great value.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
great gun, I have one in FDE and its an outstanding value.

They are now available in FDE, OD, Black and Titanium cerakote
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I was gonna post a thread asking the same thing. It seems like a great deal. Is there any reason not to get one? I don't have a 9mm yet and I'm working on creating a nice gun collection for myself and my kids. So I'm obviously gonna need multiple 9mm pistols.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I got one from J&G some time ago.  Unlike my troubled (3) CZ999 in 40S&W bought about the same time, the Cannik worked like a champ.  
At the time, black was $300, other colors were $350.  

Time to get a green or brown one!

Century used to list a 40S&W Cannick as "One the way".  It has been dropped from the web site.  

I hear great things about the all metal pistols, though I've never fired one.

Hope Turkish shotguns are good as I have one on the way from Bud's.

Tony  
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered one from Cheaper than dirt $296 shipped my local dealer wants $400....
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:18:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Anywhere to find a desert one in stock?!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Would appear here
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would appear here

Thats a stingray and not a TP-9
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#13]
How do they compare to the SW99?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They are great guns...

They are fairly big in the hand but, then again, I have big hands and they feel really good to me.

Forrest
View Quote

Are we sure this is correct?  I am going to buy a set of night sights for my Canik55 TP-9 based on this statement and I sure hope they fit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are we sure this is correct?  I am going to buy a set of night sights for my Canik55 TP-9 based on this statement and I sure hope they fit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are great guns...

Forrest

I don't know if WE are sure, but I put sets of P99 Meprolight sights (18800) on both of MY TP-9s...

Just sayin'...

Forrest

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#16]

The thing I don't understand is that the P99AS has been available since 1997, yet it has been roundly ignored by the American shooter, and the minions of YouTube, yet a copy comes along and suddenly this excellent design
is everyone's darling.

The real Walther P99AS and the SW 99 have better triggers over all, and they should at the price premium they command over the rip off TP9.

Still if you only have around $300 to spend it seems a good deal.

Personally I have trouble with accepting a copy, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't know if WE are sure, but I put sets of P99 Meprolight sights (18800) on both of MY TP-9s...

Just sayin'...

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are great guns...

Forrest

Just sayin'...

Forrest

Very well, Forrest, I will get a set on order asap.  I recently put night sights on my CZ999 and that went well.   Maybe I will get lucky with my TP-9 too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:22:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Very well, Forrest, I will get a set on order asap.  I recently put night sights on my CZ999 and that went well.   Maybe I will get lucky with my TP-9 too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are great guns...

Forrest

Just sayin'...

Forrest

Keep in mind that you'll need a Glock (or similar) front sight hex-nut tool for the front sight...

Forrest
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The thing I don't understand is that the P99AS has been available since 1997, yet it has been roundly ignored by the American shooter, and the minions of YouTube, yet a copy comes along and suddenly this excellent design
is everyone's darling.

The real Walther P99AS and the SW 99 have better triggers over all, and they should at the price premium they command over the rip off TP9.

Still if you only have around $300 to spend it seems a good deal.

Personally I have trouble with accepting a copy, but that's just me.
View Quote

Your post answered your question. Will people pay glock money for a walther P99? NO. Will people pay $300 for a copy? YES.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Which proves that people are stupid.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Which proves that people are stupid.

Carry on.
View Quote

Please explain
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#22]
What would my thoughts on the P99AS series prove to the Glock folks who think that their overpriced, over-hyped, non-ergonomic, yet reliable pistol, is the best thing since the invention of the incandescent light bulb?

I used to own Glocks.

Then I discovered that there are better, far better, pistols out there, and I never looked back.

If Glocks were priced like the Turkish clones I might think about one again, or better yet, if Gaston got off his ivory tower and made a Glock with the grip of a P99, or an HK P30, then I might think about one at their current
price, even though it is too high for what you are getting.

YMMV, IMHO, etc...

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#23]
How much are mags?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just sayin'...

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are great guns...

Forrest

Just sayin'...

Forrest

now that is some funny shit
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I got one from J&G some time ago.  Unlike my troubled (3) CZ999 in 40S&W bought about the same time, the Cannik worked like a champ.  
At the time, black was $300, other colors were $350.  

Time to get a green or brown one!

Century used to list a 40S&W Cannick as "One the way".  It has been dropped from the web site.  

I hear great things about the all metal pistols, though I've never fired one.

Hope Turkish shotguns are good as I have one on the way from Bud's.

Tony  
View Quote

The only Canik I know that comes in .40 is the C100 which academy sports carries.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Keep in mind that you'll need a Glock (or similar) front sight hex-nut tool for the front sight...

Forrest
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are great guns...

Forrest

Just sayin'...

Forrest

Forrest

Forrest: Noted and I have put one on order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top