Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2014 8:11:08 PM EDT
So far just from taking it down/looking at it I'm really pleased. I need to get some trigger time to see how it performs. Ended up paying $413 out the door, so definitely cheaper than an SP01 right now!

I also have this listed in the cz forum, that one can be deleted by the mods if it doesn't belong there!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking gun!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice looking gun!
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently picked up a T100 from academy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I recently picked up a T100 from academy.
View Quote

nice, how are you liking it? I just took mine to the range today
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#5]
What mags would work w/ this particular model?  I've been eyeing both of the Canik/Tristar line ups and really like this one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What mags would work w/ this particular model?  I've been eyeing both of the Canik/Tristar line ups and really like this one.
View Quote

Any of the full size cz 75 mags.  The mags it came with are Mec-Gar 19 rounders(17+2 baseplate) that are made for the cz according to mecgars website
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not fired it yet ,but it seem to have a few rough edges here and there that are kinda sharp on my hands.The mags for the CZ75B fit like a glove in mine. I am wondering if the CZ compact mags fit .
Overall ,so far I like the pistol ,just feel it needs  dehorned some.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
What retailers are selling these?
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have only seen them on-line, I am sure some stores have them but yet to see one in the wild.  I took a chance and bought a Tri-Star C-100 on GB, worth every penny, very nice, 100% happy.

ETA

Another review
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have yet to see a Tristar/Canik 55 in the wild... I hear Academy Sports stocks them, but no Academy stores nearby.

I've but a few via Davidsons and other sources... solid prices, with solid service, on great value guns.
L-120 and Stingray-C FTW.... wish CZ made a light weight CZ75B or steel P-01.

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have yet to see a Tristar/Canik 55 in the wild... I hear Academy Sports stocks them, but no Academy stores nearby.

I've but a few via Davidsons and other sources... solid prices, with solid service, on great value guns.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I purchased my stingray-C from one of my local gun shops. High Velocity Firearms in Selinsgrove PA. I was shocked to see it sitting there and I have always wanted a steel P-01 (not a fan of alloys)....I had to have it and was shocked at the quality of the firearm when I gave it a good looking at.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I purchased my stingray-C from one of my local gun shops. High Velocity Firearms in Selinsgrove PA. I was shocked to see it sitting there and I have always wanted a steel P-01 (not a fan of alloys)....I had to have it and was shocked at the quality of the firearm when I gave it a good looking at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree, put a Colt rollmark on it and it is an $800 pistol.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have not fired it yet ,but it seem to have a few rough edges here and there that are kinda sharp on my hands.The mags for the CZ75B fit like a glove in mine. I am wondering if the CZ compact mags fit .
Overall ,so far I like the pistol ,just feel it needs  dehorned some.
View Quote

Compact mags from CZ are going to be too short for a fullsize gun.

CZ75B mags will fit the firearm (and other fullsize Tristar/Canik guns... S120, L120, P120....)
Compact mags fit the compact frames... (stingray-c, c100...)
Full size mags will fit (hanging out the end a bit) in compact frames as well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 2:01:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry I let me review die on the vine. (I went on vaca shortly after I posted)

Thanks for linking to it though! I am still loving my P120 in the cerekote silver. All my CZ mags have worked great in it. I installed some rubber CZ grips and they went on fine.

I loved the P120 so much, I went ahead and ordered S120.

I may eventually get the P120 in black as well.

I am selling my SP-01 this week as I can easily get $850 for it here in CA. I shoot the P120 as well as I shoot the SP-01.

I hope to send it off to CGW next week to get some sights installed on it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked up a P120 from Buds Gun shop for $375 shipped with 2 19 round MecGar mags. Great shooter!

I got the spring kit from CGW and the sight set with a FO front target front. I put the spring kit in not too hard. I put in the new front FO sight and got a little help with the rear from a local smith. Not had a chance to shoot it with the new sights. I also added a set of grips from CZ Custom.

Can't wait to get it to the range after the upgrades.

Pics with the new grips on before I changed the sights

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice looking gun!

Thanks!

Are you still liking the P120 ?
They are scarce in DFW Academy stores now.
Found a T120 local, but want the steel frame,
have plans for one to tweak on some.

I did snag a C100 last month in Plano.
Very high quality pistols,sure to go up in price,as more
people learn about them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top