Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2013 7:24:28 AM EDT
Are they easy/safe to load and reload?
How close do the shots need to be to connect with anykind of accuracy?
Good  snake gun?Ever hear of anyone getting shot reloading them or save the day with ome?
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are they easy/safe to load and reload?
How close do the shots need to be to connect with anykind of accuracy?
Good  snake gun?Ever hear of anyone getting shot reloading them or save the day with ome?
View Quote

I've got a NAA mini revolver in .22LR 20yrs ago.  Still carry it and my son carries one in .22 WMR.  You have to remove the cylinder to reload it but they did made a break open verison few years ago and this year added a swingout cylinder version.  Generally a get off me gun.  Accuracy depends on the size of grips, bigger easier to hit with but harder to conceal.

CD
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple of the Black Widow model in .22 mag.  This model has oversize grips and decent sights.  I actually won a BUG side shoot with mine at a IPSC match several years ago.  They are plenty accurate if you do your part.  Loading them is safe, just slow.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! Will the blackwidow grips fit on the pistol that has the factory rosewood grips... are the guns the same? What kind of holster do you use for pocket carry?
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks! Will the blackwidow grips fit on the pistol that has the factory rosewood grips... are the guns the same? What kind of holster do you use for pocket carry?
View Quote

Grips are interchangeable between sizes
Magnum grips

The holster I use is the one that came with mine, a IWB suede leather model with metal spring clip.  I slipped off the clip and just stick the hostered gun in my pocket.

Mini Revolver Holsters

CD
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Dammit now I want one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got 4 NAA mini's(.22lr, 1-5/8" .22mag, PUG and Black Widow), the Black Widow with LaserLyte Venom laser is by far my favorite.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#7]
10 yards maximum.  I errantly said 25 yards in the past.  

It's a single action only.  Easy to carry.  Easy to conceal.  Last resort kind of gun.  Better than being armed with nothing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a .22lr mini with the shorter barrel. I can hit a pie plate at about 10 feet. Beyond that it is a crap-shoot.

They are safe to load, just slow. Really slow.

They are fun though. They make great pocket guns, with a decent holster.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I find myself carrying mine almost constantly. It's just so easy to slip into a pocket. Even when I've got my 45 or the pf9 it's in my pocket.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The limiting factor on them is actually the tiny sights and the difficulty in getting a consistent grip.

After an afternoon of practice, I can nail a can across a 30ish yard pond on every shot with the .22lr Mini-Master (longer barreled version of the Black Widow).
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up this Black widow in 22 lr at a recent gun show for 175$. I still have quite a few of the Aguila sss with the 60gr bullet.

Subsonic and it's like shooting drill bits. Very quiet and penetrate really well. Then they yaw but the weight keeps them going for a while.

Does anyone think that would be a good carry load for this. Or just go with some hot fast explosive thing like a CCI.

I love the rubber grips but they are more square than any I have seen on a Widow before. I can really get a hold of it and feels like I could shoot it well.

Just haven't had a chance to take it out yet.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#13]
One of my uncle's had his first one stolen only to end up as exhibit A in a Florida murder trial a couple of years later; he eventually got it back.  I've got the .22LR version with the next to shortest barrel length; it stays loaded with CCI Velocitors but I rarely carry it.  Accuracy isn't that great and neither is penetration- it's definitely a belly gun as in stick it in their belly and pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:14:34 AM EDT
[#14]
IIRC Georgia or Florida state trooper was killed with the 22 short version in the late 80's early 90's.  Douche bag pulled naa mini gun took four or five hits with a 357 and lived.  Trooper took a 22 short through the armpit and died.  IIRC his name was Bart Coates or something like that.  The video sucked to watch.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:52:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I have the 22mag WASP version with the 1 & 5/8" barrel.
Take it shooting all the time.
Accuracy with 22LR is horrible.  12inch sized groups at 10 ft. with many keyholes.
Accuracy with 22Mag is much tighter but still pie plate size at 15ft.
Sights are tiny.
Get the large finger groove grips if you're actually going to shoot it.  
I use a simple neoprene "sock" pouch that I use as a pocket holster.
I use a small metal container that Altoid mints originally came in as an ammo carrier. Holds ten rounds of spare ammo with a bit of cloth packed with to prevent rattling.  
Reloading is slow. I practice reloading as a drill. Yes, it is safe.
CCW with it is cake. Very light weight.
Gold Dot HP for carry ammo. Range ammo is pretty much anything I can find.  I do think it shoots the 40gr  bullets better than the lighter ones.
It may not be the best choice for a CCW piece but it goes everywhere and anywhere. All stainless so rust isn't an issue.
Have well over 1000rds thru mine and it is still tight and in time. Trigger getting better with use.
Do NOT dry fire without empty cases in chambers. Damage will result.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#16]
My always with me 24/7 no matter what I am wearing NAA SideWinder in 22Mag and 22LR conversion cylinder. LOVE this lil bugger !!!! This is my back up to my G19 or G20 I just put it into my empty cargo shorts pocket or left jean pocket with my wallet with no holster, has a safety notch The RO's call her "The Noisy Cricket"

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I have been carrying a .22 Mag Pug
for about a year. It's not my primary
CCW piece, but I sure like how it
easy it is to carry. I usually stash
it in my carpenters pocket on my
lower right thigh.

I did splurge on the tritium front
sight, but it's still not a tack driver,
but at 7 yards and in, I can get
5 out of 5 on target, pretty quick.

I love mine. I am always looking
for accessories & another pistol.

Later!

John

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:25:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Carry mine quite a bit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I would like to find or make a loading
strip, as shown above.

John

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
strip, as shown above.

John

View Quote

The one shown is a bianchi speed strip for 38/357
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes I know.

I want a few for .22 mag.

John

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
strip, as shown above.

John

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
lower right thigh.

I did splurged on the tritium front

Later!

John

http://i59.tinypic.com/ncm6hd.jpg
View Quote

That's pretty neat. What advantage does the bull barrel provide on a handgun this small?  Just looks?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I do like the more beefy look,
but the main improvement for
me over the classic design,
is I like the pin lock mechanism
a lot better. I have never owned
one of the older pistols, but as a
mechanical designer, I know how
fragile small springs & ball detents
can be.

My $.02.

John

Quoted:

That's pretty neat. What advantage does the bull barrel provide on a handgun this small?  Just looks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lower right thigh.

I did splurge on the tritium front

Later!

John

http://i59.tinypic.com/ncm6hd.jpg

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I almost bought a Black Widow today,
but settled for some used Black Widow
grips to put on my Pug. They add a little
bulk, but to get the finger grooves for
faster indexing, and to get away from
the sticky rubber grip that came on my
Pug, I'll accept the trade off.

John

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I have has a couple of their Black Widow pistols for probably 20 years or so. I personally think they are a great little gun. I actually did pretty well in a BUG gun side shoot at my USPSA club in the late 80s with one. Finished second shooting on standard targets out to  20 yards. The oversize grips and rather great sights on the Black Widow make it a very shoot able little gun.
Reloading is slow but in no way dangerous.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 6:22:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
strip, as shown above.

John

Google up an outfit called Tuff Products, they make a 10 rd 22 mag speed strip. Or maybe they call it a 22 lr, but I put my 22 WMRs in it anyhow, works great. I have an NAA Pug w/Tritium front sight and Revision CV brand grips on it. The wife has a Black Widow with a laser that replaces the cylinder base pin and Revision CV grips, in a holster by Absoroka Kid (find him by Google or on eBay) We both load with Hornady Critical Defense 22 WMRs. Good for her: small purses, good for me: jeans, summer shorts...  What I WISH I had a pair of? Those rare NAA top breaks that they mad a few years ago, but they decided to stop because they were too intricate to be cost effective.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#27]
I've carried a NAA .22 Mag for many years tucked into one of their IWB holsters when running, wear with shorts or tucked into the waistband of my Railrider pants.

Better to carry this pocket rocket than nothing!

Have the over sized rubber grips, 1 1/8 inch barrel. Sights are meaningless to me. This is an up close,  very in your face personal last resort weapon.

Like I said... better than nothing!  The .22 Mag up close is very effective!

YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top