Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2013 12:20:30 PM EDT
http://www.sccy.com/cpx2black.html

Does anyone know anything about these?  I can't find what they're chambered in on their site.

Link Posted: 3/27/2013 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
An owner who purchased one at the shop I frequent brought his in while I was there. It would not chamber the first round from the magazine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
9mm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
yep 9mm. i have the first gen cpx1 and the only issue i have is with the safety. the first gens have an ambi safety and during recoil my thumb clicks it back to safe. ive been meaning to dremel it down
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]
9mm

I've shot one, they are very light and recoil is kinda stout.  Goofy feeling trigger, with an extremely long reset for those who care about that.  (I shoot lots of revolvers, so  reset doesn't mean anything to me)  The one I shot ran without problems.

They are pretty inexpensive retail around $300 (before the panic)
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
As said they are 9mm the one I just purchased a few weeks ago cost 300 nice piece for the price by the way I got the cx2

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the 9lb trigger pull considered excessive for women. Any other experiences with this gun ? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine doesn't like the TULA ammo, several light hits on the primers.  Shot everything else.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I had one two years ago. Mine would NOT chamber Hornady Critical Defense ammo, I tried polishing the feed ramp with no luck. I think the problem with the Teflon insert in the ammo.  

I sold the gun!  
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had one two years ago. Mine would NOT chamber Hornady Critical Defense ammo, I tried polishing the feed ramp with no luck. I think the problem with the Teflon insert in the ammo.  

I sold the gun!  

I have seen that same ammo fail to function in multiple firearms.  As a result, I will not ever use it.
My job had several boxes of it for testing... It wouldn't feed in better than half our guns, seemed to get worse as the day got warmer.  I think the issue is the tip-insert drags on feed ramps and slows feeding down.
We stuck with GoldDots and Winny Rangers.

The gun itself OP, is made by folks who left KelTec.  Like KelTec, it is inexpensive, but not cheap.  First gen guns had issues.  Newer models seem to be much nicer.
Consider the KelTec PF9, Ruger LC9 and Kahr CM9 as competitors.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing this company has to do is SMOOTH down the edges on the magazine floor plates!  I carry my extra mag in a pocket because when it's in a mag holder the sharp edges stick against my side.
Link Posted: 5/7/2013 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I have had the CPX-2 for a few months now and have fired about 300 or so rounds through it.  Initially I had an issue with the trigger, but SCCY's lifetime warranty had it repaired in a few days and shipped back to me at no cost.  I have the two tone and I think it is an attractive pistol.  Honestly, I really like the gun, it is a great conceal size weapon and holds 10+1 rounds.  I am planning on getting another one for my wife - if I can find one.  At 15 yards, I can keep a grouping of about 3", considering I am not the best shot, I think that is more than sufficient for self protection.  Overall, I am completely happy with it and will recommend it.

I liked this review of the gun.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzYm_CqMZG8.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have had the CPX-2 for a few months now and have fired about 300 or so rounds through it.  Initially I had an issue with the trigger, but SCCY's lifetime warranty had it repaired in a few days and shipped back to me at no cost.  I have the two tone and I think it is an attractive pistol.  Honestly, I really like the gun, it is a great conceal size weapon and holds 10+1 rounds.  I am planning on getting another one for my wife - if I can find one.  At 15 yards, I can keep a grouping of about 3", considering I am not the best shot, I think that is more than sufficient for self protection.  Overall, I am completely happy with it and will recommend it.

Thank you for posting this information. It was extremely helpful to me. Seems SCCY makes a good pistol. I don't care for the extra manual safety. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Hi.  Could you elaborate on the trigger problem?
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hi...what was your problem with the trigger?  Mine doesn't like TULA ammo!  

Link Posted: 5/8/2013 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#17]
The trigger issue I had was were the trigger would not catch the hammer to cock and fire.  My assumption was that something broke inside.  I did not have the time to look at it due to work, but, I sent it to the SCCY, and they had it fixed and returned to me in a couple of days.  SCCY did not give me any info on how they fixed it.  I thought the service was superb!  Too bad I had the issue to begin with, but for the price, I can handle that.  Gen 1 may have not been that great, but I like Gen 2.  I think they have made progress.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
the first gen of their guns were grade a turds.

i know every shop here pretty much refused to carry them after about 6 months when they first hit the market here.

+1

Had a friend pick one up, had many stovepipes and at one point the front sight fell off. He took a bath selling it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 6:27:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought one yesterday, CPX2 with stainless slide. Haven't shot it yet but got it home and took it apart and cleaned it, polished the feed ramp (same thing I do with all pistols). Seems as well built as any of the other pocked 9mm pistols in this price range. After looking at the Kel Tec, LC9 and Diamondback, I decided on the SCCY because it's made in the USA, has a life time warrenty and holds 10 rounds. I will agree with the other post about the mag floor plates, they do have some sharp edges, I'll probably take some 220 sandpaper to them to smooth things out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine shoots everything I had on hand except for the TULA ammo.  The 10 round mag capacity helped my choice too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Any tips on holsters ? Both pocket to keep from printing, and IWB types. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you. I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Any tips on holsters ? Both pocket to keep from printing, and IWB types. Thanks.

Pocket holster Uncle Mike's size # 3

Bianchi IWB model #100 size 10A......

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Thank you .
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Got a Foxx Holster in today for my SCCY. As soon as I can get a couple of hundred rounds though this thing (without any issues) I plan to use it for my CC this summer.

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 2:30:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice rig!    Looks like a Crossbreed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#29]
New guy here and I have a question. Does anyone know if the dimensions are the same on the cpx2 as the cpx1? I use the alien gear IWB for my springfield xdm compact and like it. They only list the cpx1 on the site. BTW I paid something like $36.00 shipped for the alien gear holster. Really good deal! Thanks in advance.
EDIT I found the answer on sccy website. It says they are both the same.
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#30]
coc
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Their web site is down. Are they out of business ?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Seems fine now.

Link Posted: 11/28/2013 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#33]
If you really want a Kel-Tec P11, why not just buy a P11 instead of a knockoff with questionable quality?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#34]
How does one distinguish a gen 1 pistol from a gen 2?

Dealer prices are in the lower $200s range on these pistols.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#35]
They do not hold up well. I have seen 2 come back for reliability issues and 3 with broken extractors. We also had one the magazine would not stay in the gun. I would pass. Glock, Sig, Berretta, Springfield are much better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I picked up a CPX2 last week for $249.  It runs good and seems to be well made.  The trigger doesn't bother me much because I'm a milsurp long gun shooter and am not a great pistol shooter.  As stated above, it's not a Glock or M&P Shield but at that price it was hard to turn down if you're in the market for a compact/sub compact 9mm carry pistol.  After some more break in Ill be carrying mine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#37]
These pistols are awesome for the price.  We sell them for $245 plus tax, and have sold close to 70 of them this year alone.  We have yet to have a complaint on them, other than the long trigger pull

The way someone can tell Gen 1 from Gen 2, is the Gen 1's have the safety, and have the different spelling of Sccy.  Skyy I believe.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Saw one at the last big Reno gun show that had been worked over by Gene Shuey, very cool, very shiny. I have never seen a subcompact pistol that highly modified.

I suppose that entails that they are at least functional, but I have only known one guy who carries a subcompact pistol, and his is a beretta 22. I have heard very little about Sccy and almost all of it has been bad.

I believe the different spelling is because they got sued by skyy vodka.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a SCCY CPX2 on the way. Expect a range report sometime this week or next week. I will also also do a written table top review with pictures.

If this thing is reliable and shoots good I may end up doing some mods to it. I hear I can get a new frame for only $15, I might order a couple and do a grip reduction/stippling job. I'm also planning on getting an Aluminum Adjustable Trigger. The Pistol I dry fired at the gunshop the other week felt pretty nice. It was a very long and smooth trigger. But the only had a CPX1 in stock, I am not a fan of external safeties if I can help it.

Fortunately I got a new CPX2 for $235 Shipped.  If things go smoothly I'll have it Thursday or Friday.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These pistols are awesome for the price.  We sell them for $245 plus tax, and have sold close to 70 of them this year alone.  We have yet to have a complaint on them, other than the long trigger pull

The way someone can tell Gen 1 from Gen 2, is the Gen 1's have the safety, and have the different spelling of Sccy.  Skyy I believe.
View Quote

That's because they got sued by the vodka people.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I have one of these and have fired about 100 rounds through it.  Two malfunctions, one was due to a magazine that I dropped in the sand by accident so that was probably not the gun's fault.  The second one was a magazine feeding problem with 147 grain FMJ.  I plan on cleaning the pistol and mags and see how it does but I do like the little gun.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 1:04:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I figure I'll add to this thread rather than start a new one. Have had my CPX2 for a year, and was a bit disappointed at first because it was obvious I had the common mag issue of rounds hanging up. Well, with a range day planned, and a few people wanting to try the gun out, I figured I'd finally call customer service and see what they could do for me.

I called on a Friday afternoon at 3:00, and had a very friendly woman answer on the third ring. She politely asked how she could help me, and after describing my issue to her, she transferred me to what may very well have been the nicest person I've ever spoken to on the phone. I wish I had asked her name, because she was AWESOME! Within a minute and a half, she took down my information, and said she'd have to new mags in the mail right away.

Fast forward to the next week. The mags show up mid week shipped USPS priority. Two brand new mags and a return label awaited me. I must say the customer service was absolutely top notch. I literally slapped the new label on, applied a new piece of mailing tape, and that's all the effort I had to put in aside from a quick stop at the PO to drop the package off for its return.

The new mags freed right up after a few loadings and unloadings, and the ones I got had a redesigned base plate/extension that felt better in the hand and didn't have the sharp edges most of use are used to. The new mags ran much better than the old ones. It ran WWB, Federal Bulk, and even 100 rounds of Tulammo. The thing has really impressed me all around for what I paid for it. It's great to see the company taking steps to improve their products and ensure their buyers are happy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I seen this was made recently.  Iraqi Veteran performed a torture test.
http://bearingarms.com/sccy-cpx-2-torture-test/

The results are very good and in the sccy's favor.
Low price
Good Quality
Great Customer Service

And it survived tests like that?

I'm so psyched, mine arrives Thursday.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#44]
I saw these in my local shop today. Gen 2 stainless slide for $270 OTD.
I might Fo

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:00:12 AM EDT
[#45]
I had issues that made me doubt its reliability. It shot very well, better than expected.

I had one-two failure to extract every magazine. I was sent parts (ejector/extractor) and they were installed. The issue persisted.
Even polished the hell out of the feed ramp. This was out of 200 rounds, with different brands and grains.

The gun was sent to sccy industries free of charge. They adjusted the magazines, replaced the: recoil spring/ejector/extractor.

I put 100 rounds through it and it shot pretty well without any problems. I ended up selling it to my FFL though. I sold it to him for $200 since he's always cut me good deals in the past. Not bad considering I paid $235 shipped. My FFL fee was a couple PMAGs so I didn't lose much.

I envy the people who had good luck with this thing, but I don't have confidence in it. SCCY industries has great customer service though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I've had mine for about 6 months so far. A model 2, two tone.
First thing I did was smooth down the frame seam, especially around the trigger guard.
Stripped, cleaned, etc.
Was loading the mag and the third round stuck front to back. Winchester white box seems to have quality issues: length was all over the place.
Trip to the range: sights are dead on, recoil isn't bad and no feed problems on the first two mags.
Using Tula steel and Blazer aluminum.
Third mag about halfway through, the round doesn't feed all the way in. Smack the back of the slide and fire, same thing.
Inspection showed a burr on the ejector. Tried loading brass and it really gouged the casing.
Took a file and smoothed it. Back to the range and it seems to be OK now. At least with the Tula.
The DAO doesn't bother me, I found that I would quickly take up most of the travel then slowly squeeze the rest of the way.
Overall it's not a bad gun, you get what you pay for.
All things considered, I think with what prices are now, a Taurus might be a better deal.
ETA: I may see what I can trade it for at the show next month.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Not different enough from the almost identical Kel-Tec to make it worthwhile to go with the SCCY over the Kel-Tec. Just guessing, but I'd say 10 years from now you'll be able to buy mags for the Kel-Tec. The long term survival of the SCCY is a lot more iffy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Haven't shot one but haven't heard good experiences.  Basically a Kel-Tec rival, and I'm not a Kel-Tec fan.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#49]
My biggest complaint is that since it is so small it is bitch to get in all the little areas to clean.  It also seems to need to be cleaned regularly to stay reliable unlike my Sigs which can go a long time without a cleaning.  I am running about every 100 rounds between cleanings.  

I still like it as I find the trigger pull to be quite challenging to master.  Of course one of my friends got the hang of it in about 3 rounds, the jerk.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As said they are 9mm the one I just purchased a few weeks ago cost 300 nice piece for the price by the way I got the cx2

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz122/jdj1/Snapshot_20130216_zps42fcf854.jpg
View Quote

Umm, why did you lay that pistol on a fat man to take this picture?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top