Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2009 4:14:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coctailer]
I have seen it on here before but cant find it via search. Help please.
Link Posted: 3/13/2009 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
iT WAS POSTED AWHILE BACK.  Here is the way to get to it.

go to glocktalk.com

On the right side hit on SITE NAVIGATION

then hit on FORUM

then hit on GUN RELATED CLUB

then hit on kahr

IT SHOUDLBE THE 4TH OR 5TH STICKY DOWN. IT IS WELL IDENTIFIED.

GOOD LUCK.
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Try this link.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398500
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#4]
nice job nimrod. That is just one super photo display of what and where to lub..
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats the one I was looking for nimrod.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you.  Copied and saved for future reference.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
11 is the ejector.  brass is hitting that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#9]
# 11 is normal, It won't goet worse.  The recoil spring, if u lube the rod, u have lubed the spring in essence.  Or just buy a can of remington dry spray lube and spray the spring,  no need for oil dripping off that part at all.

Looks tome like your kahr is doing what it is designed to do.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#10]
This chart is one man's suggestion, AFAIK.  IOW, it's not 'official' from Kahr.

I am starting to lube this way but had already shot over 500 rounds through my CW9 without ill effect before commencing this regimen.

I don't know if it's necessary or not, and do not wish to appear ungrateful, but the rumor's that Kahr's are supposed to be run 'wet' is just internet 'hearsay', in my view.

OTOH, I doubt if lubing this way would be harmful...I'm just wondering if it's really 'necessary'.    

Perhaps 'porsche' or other can chiime in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 10:32:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: porsche] [#11]
Originally Posted By brentfoto:
This chart is one man's suggestion, AFAIK.  IOW, it's not 'official' from Kahr.

I am starting to lube this way but had already shot over 500 rounds through my CW9 without ill effect before commencing this regimen.

I don't know if it's necessary or not, and do not wish to appear ungrateful, but the rumor's that Kahr's are supposed to be run 'wet' is just internet 'hearsay', in my view.

OTOH, I doubt if lubing this way would be harmful...I'm just wondering if it's really 'necessary'.    

Perhaps 'porsche' or other can chiime in.

I have to agree kahrs DO NOT HAVE TO RUN WET.   But that being said the lube chart is a great chart. One can eliminate what points of lubes he thinks is unnecessary. I go by it for I do most of all my other semi the same way, but I use tw25b grease instead of oil in most places as I pocket carry my PM9 and I don't want oil all over my cloths (plus grease stays). But I will agree kahrs need to not run IMO any wetter than my G19 does. Kahrs are tight and I would recommend the lube chart especially during break in and maybe rounds count up to 500  but one can certainly eliminate some of those points to, but when you actually look at the chart. all those points just enhance reliability to the gun also––-so why not.

and your right this is not Kahrs chart either, but I have never heard of a kahr rep or tech saying this was not a good chart to go by. It is not rocket science to properly lube your Semi, but also there are many first timers whom I think this chart was really designed for.  My 2cents worth..

mil-comm.com     This is good stuff guys, love the syringe tw25B  applicator.  That little tube will last a long time also their syringt synthetic oil is super, you can put it right where yo want it with nomess or waste either. Military uses it by the barrel .   there are other good lubes out there, this is just my opinion of one product...

Link Posted: 4/7/2009 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Indeed an area that I always put some greae in that area...It shoudlhave been photoed IMO in the lub chart..
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for comment, porsche.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the pics.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top