Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 1/18/2017 8:47:53 PM EDT
Man, I'm tore. I like the size, and looks of the CW380. Just got it yesterday, it's the burnt bronze model.

Now, I'm not a complete weakling, but, this thing has kicked my ass racking that slide. My wrists, hands and fingers are sore and I haven't even fired a shot. I swear, I knew the slide was a little stiff while checking it out in the shop, but I swear after i took it apart to clean, it seems like it got stiffer.

Now, the only thing that really concerns me is unloading and clearing malfunctions. The only way I can get the slide full back is the two hand grip, and that places my palm over the muzzle.

The shop I got it as is a good guy, he will take it back for like a $20 loss. What the heck should I do?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Arthritis?

FWIW, my G42 was a steaming pile of crap. The CW380 I had was 100%.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The 42 is the softest shooting most out of the box accurate little pocket gun I have shot.  

I sold my PM9 for a 43.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arthritis?

FWIW, my G42 was a steaming pile of crap. The CW380 I had was 100%.
View Quote

Well, I probably got a tad of that, and I know carpal tunnel. I wanna love this gun, I'm just not sure.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, today I decided what the hell, I'm going to the range. I figured is shoot the two boxes of ammo I bought with the gun, and if I don't like it, I'll just see it and get the Glock. Boy I'm glad I did, this thing is a sweet shooter.

Alot of my scepticism about my purchase was reading some of the horror stories of the CW380 during and sometimes after break-in. Well, I shot 100 rounds with only 1 malfunction. During the second to last mag full, I had 1 stovepipe. Ammo used was S&B and PMC Bronze, the stovepipe happened with the PMC.

Not to shabby, I was anticipating a bunch of FTE, FTF, ect.

I'm a happy camper now. Now I can buy mags, holsters and a set of better sights for my new pocket rocket
Oh, and more ammo too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like my P380. So small and hides so easy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Another shooting session on Saturday. Fired 150 rounds, all Winchester white box. Not a single malfunction. Hell, I can even hit a 6" gong at 50 yards with this baby.

She's a keeper. Just bought her a new holster, and a extra mag today. Now I'm going to start reoading these empties, cause damn ammo is expensive for how small it is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#7]
380 cases are short, and you can pinch you finger putting the bullet in
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both, My CW-380 is picky on ammo, it loved PMC Bronze and was very accurate with it, but would not tolerate Fiocchi FMJ.  It is a fairly soft shooter for me, great sights.  I have softer shooter including a G-42, but they are all a good bit bigger Of my eight pocket sized 380's the Kahr is the smallest lengthwise.  I had been carrying a LCP II in the back pocket of my jeans, thanks to dieting I went down another size and the back pockets became smaller and the LCP II would peek out of the top a little, the CW-380 does not.  Using Underwood with 90 Grain XTP's for caryy (I shot several magazines to ensure function).  I am confident in the gun and  ammo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I was in a similar spot just a few weeks ago. I tried a Glock 42 and had several misfires every mag. Smooth shooter, but I'm not confident carrying it. My p380 has been super reliable so I am keeping it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in a similar spot just a few weeks ago. I tried a Glock 42 and had several misfires every mag. Smooth shooter, but I'm not confident carrying it. My p380 has been super reliable so I am keeping it.
View Quote

It seems odd but some G-42's have problems, mostly early ones.  Mine was from the initial release and never hiccupped, my Kahr is reliable with ammo it likes where the 42 like my Rugers eat everything.  If My 42 was bad it would be a frequent flyer to Georgia.
I have a S&W Sigma 380, ugly, terrible trigger, but it goes bang every time, so I keep it.  I will try to make a gun reliable, if not It will go to a gun buy back.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top