Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 12/23/2016 6:24:38 PM EDT
Just got home and out 2 mags through it before it started snowing to much. So far I love it!
 I plan on shooting it a lot are there any out there with high round count?
How's everyone's reliability after break in?
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a CM9 used.  I put Speer plastic wadcutters in empty case after full power round and it still feeds it.  Great for flinch check on round loaded somewhere in clip.  

I am looking for someone to load some 148 lead wadcutters and see if they feed........
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Put about 309 rds more through the gun the other day. 75 of them where federal 147 gr defense ammo. Everything fed and ran perfect.
Love this gun so far!
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I was showing my CW9 to a lady friend that wants to start shooting for HD
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I never had issues pre or post break in with my CW9. I added a Dawson front sight and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 800+ in mine with ZERO problems of any kind. Have yet to find any ammo it won't feed, and I have tried just about everything I could get my hands on. Great guns imho.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked mine but I found that it had no place in my collection as if I am going to pocket carry it is too big (G43 is as big as I can go with my PM9 being better) and if I was going to IWB or open carry I want more rounds than the CW9 offered.

It was a nice gun though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have over 1500 rounds through mine and it's been great. I carry it in a remora holster that I added a soft loop too, works great and comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have less than 25 rounds through mine and the main problem I'm having is the beaver tail is causing the web of my hand to hurt. I've been using standard velocity 124grn FMJs. I also have a MK9 and have no problem with it even though it's shorter height wise. I just ordered a Houge handall beaver tail slip on grip, hopefully it helps out or I'm going to have to sell/trade it. For the money it's very well built and accurate, but the problem I'm having is apparent with the the first round fired.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I have around 2K of 9mm through my PM9, maybe a bit more over the years.  Springs will need replacement sooner on these little guns faster than larger frames, but no big deal as things go.  

Action spring and mag springs should get replaced eventually, but you have a long way to go
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Absolutely love my CW9, it's my EDC so I trust it with my life. I think I had a couple malfunctions when I first bought it (200 round break in) but I have probably 800ish rounds through it and it's just as reliable as my Glocks.

Cabelas has it on sale right now for $300 btw....
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I was just fondling a CW9 Thursday. Ending up stripping the dirty little gal and poked things into her and gave her a spit shine.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Sportsmans Guide has them on closeout for $234. I figured why not?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:
View Quote
Great deal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ef4life:
Great deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ef4life:
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:
Great deal.
Picked it up today from my FFL took it to the range awhile ago. Only put a box through it, but it shot very nice with no malfs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:40:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5ScrewSmith] [#15]
IMO the CW9 has the best densions of any small compact pistol, starting with the 3.5" barrel. This is why I haven't gone to another pistol with a shorter barrel like the Glock 43.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#16]
The CW points by far better than the Glock 43.  ( I have them both). I also appreciate the long trigger for safety reasons alone.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Looking to buy a used one soon. Probably will carry it in my car/motorcycle since I don't have a designated pistol now for that use.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#18]
If you buy a used one, just go ahead and replace the recoil spring with a FACTORY spring.

Since these tiny guns are hard on recoil springs and you'll probably not know how many rounds have been through it, replacement is cheap insurance.

Don't be tempted to install an "extra strength" spring.  These guns were engineered for a specific spring and something else will often cause problems.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:
If you buy a used one, just go ahead and replace the recoil spring with a FACTORY spring.

Since these tiny guns are hard on recoil springs and you'll probably not know how many rounds have been through it, replacement is cheap insurance.

Don't be tempted to install an "extra strength" spring.  These guns were engineered for a specific spring and something else will often cause problems.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 5:22:00 PM EDT
[#20]
My CW9, PM40 (after some initial ishes '07-'08ish), and Gen1 PM9 are all ammo eating monsters that are accurate enough to make even the most seasoned enthusiast go WOW....  hitting plates 7/7 at 55yards with some wind from a PM9 ain't bad at all

I carry my Kahrs (PM9), and trust them and regularly verify such trust.  I let them get beat up nicked up, blood, muddy, and then some and the watch them get the job done.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#21]
grabagear,

I want to get one myself for my casual shooting weekends. I already have a P380 version that has been working out well for me after shooting 400 rounds down range with it.
One more range secession with it and I'll consider it to be worthy to be carried IF necessary some day.

Besides I'm starting to like the double action trigger over my others.

Good luck with your final decession on the CW9.

Impala
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Just gor home witn mine. I cleaned mine up and got it to the range and shot through a nice 100 rounds with no hick ups at all.
I'm very happy with mine.

Impala
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Just gor home witn mine. I cleaned mine up and got it to the range and shot through a nice 100 rounds with no hick ups at all.
I'm very happy with mine.

Impala
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top