Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 11:29:03 AM EDT
My PM9, when chambering a cartridge, is allowing the second cartridge to slide forward about 5/16".  I've not fired it enough with this particular ammunition to determine if this will cause malfunctions but I can't see how it wouldn't.  The magazines are nearly new so I don't see a worn spring causing this.  Ammunition is Hornady Critical Defense.  Anyone have thoughts on this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My second hand PM9 came with wolff extra power springs in magazines and had the lakeline mag followers.
I have no such issue  in the PM9. My other Kahrs have issue. When I switch out the mag with lakeline followers, no issue.YMMV and they are about 20 bucks each
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Kahr mags are known to have rounds slip forward while pocket carrying. I imagine this is a similar issue. I would suggest shooting it first to see if any issues exist in function. Both the mags I have for my Kahr seem to let rounds slip forward , I had one dump the entire contents in my watch pocket . The gun fires fine with no issues. I carry the spare in a kydex mag pouch now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems most all Kahr's allow the second round to slide forward.
This never seems to cause a stoppage.

My early stainless K9 does this with all three mags and the gun has NEVER jammed.

Kahr mags do seem to have a problem with shedding rounds if carried loose and even with some magazine pouches.
Picking the right mag pouch cures that problem.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.

Mine does the same, and runs like a Swiss watch.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#5]
A LOT of guns will do this. If it's a concern, simply chamber, drop the mag, re-seat the round to the back of the mag, re-insert the mag.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I have 3 mags for my PM9 and they all do this.  At first i was concerned and would pop out the mag after chambering and reset the second round.   after a couple trips to the range without any malfunctions i stopped...   about 900 rounds later, still no problems without reseating that second round.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yep.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

My Smith and Wesson 4506 was the same way....never a problem.  I never liked it.....but it was never a problem.  That damn gun was stone cold reliable as hell.

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Many pistols have this characteristic.  
Make sure magazine is working well.
I disassemble and clean the magazine. Check for and remove any burrs or flashing. Wipe dry with oil cloth but do not oil.
Cleanup Slide underside of slide ( cartridge ramp that strips round from magazine).  If the surface is rough or has nitrocarbon or brass buildup. I use very small amount of flitz and polish by hand. Really just clean up the area to reduce friction but not remove metal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A LOT of guns will do this. If it's a concern, simply chamber, drop the mag, re-seat the round to the back of the mag, re-insert the mag.
View Quote
This is what I do with my PM9
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Only problems I have with mine was when I tried to use an aftermarket mag.

It did some double feed and the nose of the bullet went under the feed ramp. I had to remove the slide to clear it
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top