Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 8/31/2016 5:45:42 PM EDT
bought the gun a while back with just one 7 rnd mag.. easy to load and feeds great... recently bought a 8rnd mag and it is a pita to load, and mag won't seat into gun without force.. even empty it is hard... took the base plate off.. mag clicked right in...tried the mag with no spring or follower with base plate .. clicked right in...so put it all back together and it won't lock in without force... anyone else use the 8 rnd mags in the CW9?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you might have some mags with slightly mis-cut mag latch holes, ie too low relative to the actual latch location. See if you can measure accurately from the front top lip of the mag, to the top of the latch hole on both mags. They should be the same. If the 8 rounder's holes are lower you may need to file the top of the hole a little bit at a time to fine up the fit. Or if out of spec bad enough, send them back to Kahr BEFORE you grind on them.

ETA: I see where you said the stripped mag "shells" latched in with no problems. If you will measure the heighth of the black polymer baseplate and email/IM it to me I will compare it to mine to see if there is a dimensional difference. Thats the only other thing I can think of that might be interfering with mag seating.

I have four of the 8 round mags for my CM9 that have worked flawlessly since day one. No problems loading the mags, or inserting them, loaded, into the gun. I use a Mag-Lula pistol mag loader so loading rounds into them is very easy and fast. Kahr mags are "almost" universally interchangeable within a given caliber and given model series. C series mags fit most all C series guns, T series mags in T series guns etc. Some of the 6 round mags might not work in some mid and full frame size guns, but all of the 7-8 round mags will work in all same series guns.

http://www.kahr.com/kahr-mag-guide.asp.

The link above will help.

And as an aside, I discovered that my standard 1911, ten round 45 acp magazines work in my CM 45. They run great, but they don't hold the bolt open on the last round. Nice to know in an emergency

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#2]
All my Kahr mags work well, especially the ones with the aluminum aftermarket followers
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top