Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2016 6:29:19 AM EDT
Update from This Thread

I finally picked up at CW380 with 198 rounds for 367 out the door (including background and tax).

What is everyone running for carry ammo? Are these +P rated? I usually run speer gold dots since I can pick them up cheap on SGAMMO. Any input is appreciated.

Also, what is the consensus for Kahr with steel ammo, will it eat it?

Edit: already ordered a "sticky" holster I picked up for 18 shipped. (sm-2 model)

Obligatory pictures:

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no such thing as +P .380auto It's a sales pitch for out of spec ammunition. Also from tests I have observed most .380auto HP ammo doesn't function correctly. About the only one I have seen that does reliably work is the Hornady XTP and other manufacture loadings using the Hornady bullet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Good choice man and good price too! You'll love it, just make sure to rack the slide and dry fire a few hundred times.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The Lehigh Defense gets good reviews.

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
My P380 is loaded with the Underwood Extreme Defender with Lehigh projectiles.  Before that I think I carried a Hornady loading with the XTP bullet or PMC FMJ.  The only ammo I remember my CW380 and P380 not doing well with was Ranger T Series.

Add:  I've never used Perfecta ammo but 2 guys were using it at the range yesterday in an M&P Bodyguard and an LCP and having nothing but problems with it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My P380 is loaded with the Underwood Extreme Defender with Lehigh projectiles.  Before that I think I carried a Hornady loading with the XTP bullet or PMC FMJ.  The only ammo I remember my CW380 and P380 not doing well with was Ranger T Series.

Add:  I've never used Perfecta ammo but 2 guys were using it at the range yesterday in an M&P Bodyguard and an LCP and having nothing but problems with it.
View Quote
Which gun of the two did you like better? The P380 or CW380?

I have a P9 and just felt if I got a smaller .380 I would go with the P380 as well.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked the P better only because it was black.  The CW broke in and ran reliably in fewer rounds than the P.  Shooting them both back to back I couldn't tell a difference.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top