Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2016 3:12:51 PM EDT
Let me preface  this by saying I had a 2005 PM9 DLC with nite sights and it was an excellent pistol.  Had to send it  back to the factory,  once, that Kahr paid for and they fixed the issue, rounds hanging up on feed ramp. In hind site, should  never have sold it.

I carry either a Glock 19 or 1911 Lightweight CCO, both are fine.

There are times that I want  smaller and lighter, hence the PM9.

I carry a NAA. 22 Mag Mini Mag when running. The PM9 would  supplant this.

How's  the quality these days? I've  read a ton of posts. Read differing opinions. First time asking this here.

Only considering PM9 and DLC model.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Let me preface  this by saying I had a 2005 PM9 DLC with nite sights and it was an excellent pistol.  Had to send it  back to the factory,  once, that Kahr paid for and they fixed the issue, rounds hanging up on feed ramp. In hind site, should  never have sold it.

How's  the quality these days? I've  read a ton of posts. Read differing opinions. First time asking this here.

View Quote

I didn't have the DLC but my PM9 was relatively new.  I sold it for my Glock 43 and wouldn't look back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I didn't have the DLC but my PM9 was relatively new.  I sold it for my Glock 43 and wouldn't look back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please explain?

I've  read a ton about the G43 as well.  My choices were down to a G43 or PM9.

What issues, if you'd like to share, did you have with your PM9?  Or you just liked the G43 better?
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 2013 production PM9 and haven't had any issues with it.  Be aware that starting in 2010 the PM9 slide is now longer than prior slides by about .2" to accommodate a bevel like the G26 has.

That being said I switched to a G43 as I didn't like how the PM9 magazines would lose rounds when stored in a pouch or a pocket.  The downside is that the G43 slide is about .6" longer than the PM9 but all other dimensions are almost identical.

Here is a thread discussing the change in the slide.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'm such a Glock guy that I didn't even consider a single stack 9mm until the 43. I shot my buddies 43 and loved it. I had made my decision and was off to purchase the new Glock 43. Well....just before I made my purchase I had the opportunity to shoot a Kahr PM9. Guess what gun I bought....Kahr PM9! The newer versions (I think 2013 and up) have sweet triggers and the polygonal rifling is hard to beat. I can't speak for everyone but I shoot the Kahr much more accurately than a Glock 43. There are much more size differences than just the length of the slide. One BIG difference is the size and shape of the trigger guard. Another major difference is that the PM9 has all of it edges much more rounded off which makes it print less.

I LOVE GLOCKS! Over the last 4-5 years my primary carry guns have been a Glock 23, 27 and an H&K P7M13(for when I'm feeling fancy LOL). However, if a person has the chance to shoot these guns side by side I don't see how you can deny the Kahr PM9 is a better package all around.

I have not owned my PM9 long but it appears to be a very well made firearm.  I have had zero malfunctions!  That being said, I would have been very happy with the Glock 43 had I not shot the Kahr side by side.  Honestly, when you are talking about compact pistols personal preference is 50% of it.  You can't go wrong with either gun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Appreciate the replies. Actually, thought I would have seen more of them here, you know, the impartial folks who will 'tell it like it is' regarding Kahr.

Honestly, I'm still a little bit 'in the middle' with my choice between the Glock 43 and the Kahr PM9.

I fully appreciate the straight forwardness of Glock's factory and customer service in the past.  Had to only send one pistol back to them in all these years and they were professionals the whole way.

Last week I called Kahr factory to ask a question and I was basically greeted by the vibe of ... 'we're Kahr, we have no problems with any of our firearms, DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS?'

I was a little 'taken aback' at their arrogance and haughty attitude. And I told them that I was a former PM9 DLC owner.

Anyway, if I find one locally from a reputable person, lightly used, I might jump on a PM9 DLC.

If I'm going to buy new, I think I'll lean to a G43.

Nothing is written in stone at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Go with the Glock

If Kahr had QC on the same level as Glock I would still go with the G43, but Kahr isnt on par...not even close.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a PM9 DLC (2014) and it's a great weapon.  I have close to 1k rounds through it of various brands and not a single issue.  I recently bought a Shield and that's been my EDC since unless my attire requires the smaller size of the PM9.  I can tell the difference between the PM9 and Shield (comparable to G43) when carrying, so if you want something smaller and lighter I would go with the PM9.  The only reason I went with the Shield was because of the extra rounds the mags hold (with magguts), otherwise I would have stuck with the PM9.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#8]
G43.

More shootable, more reliable, more stout, less QC issues, more holster options, cheaper magazines. Night sights from Glock are cheap. Superior finish also.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top