Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 11/17/2015 4:41:05 PM EDT
Had my first malfunction with my CM9 last weekend.  About 1500 rounds through it, total.  My backup gun, so not shot all the time, but I try to practice with it often enough, since I'm mostly used to the Glock trigger.  I have only three mags for it, two 6rd and one 7rd.  Anyway, shooting it a couple of days ago and it FTFs on me.  Live round won't go into the chamber all the way.  Tap, rack and same thing.  Isolate the problem to one mag, a 6rd.  Then take my ears off and I hear it rattling.  Take the mag apart and see that the front leg of the follower is snapped off, floating inside the mag body, and there's another crack forming from the metal pin that engages the slide stop.  

Is this a common part to break?  Will Kahr hook it up if I email them?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Sort of common, although I never had it happen to me, probably due to not shooting enough. Kahr should make it right. I've read of other people getting free mag followers but I think I remember something about Kahr modifying feed ramps or something to keep the recoil lug from hitting the follower.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Happened to one of my CM9's and my CW9, i shoot them often so i guess that sped up the process, Kahr replaced both followers free but said if it happened again the would want the whole gun.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Happened to one of my CM9's and my CW9, i shoot them often so i guess that sped up the process, Kahr replaced both followers free but said if it happened again the would want the whole gun.
View Quote

For a rampectomy.
They did my PM9 in 2013 after it broke a total of three followers. They also sent me a couple of extras prior to the rampectomy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 6:44:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Happened on my PM40.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I  came here to ask about their mag followers.  Just pulled a spare mag out of my pocket to show a coworker how much lint gets into things and decided to take it apart.  Front leg of the follower falls off.  Did see some cnc'd metal replacement ones on the net. Lakeline.   Ordered replacements for all my mags and one +1 extension.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I  came here to ask about their mag followers.  Just pulled a spare mag out of my pocket to show a coworker how much lint gets into things and decided to take it apart.  Front leg of the follower falls off.  Did see some cnc'd metal replacement ones on the net. Lakeline.   Ordered replacements for all my mags and one +1 extension.
View Quote

Thats how my CW9 follower broke, took it apart to clean it out, front leg popped off after i shucked the last round.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#7]
The lakeline followers are nice but 2/3s the cost of a new mag.  Their plus one extension is very nice and low profile, but $30 and won't work with their follower in a 6 round mag which seems ridiculous. So I had to use one of the plastic followers with that mag and now I have one spare plastic follower and one spare lakeline.   Fired a couple hundred rounds through them last week and everything worked as it should, I don't remember any issues.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
In all likelihood if you're getting broken followers the barrel ramp is contacting the follower when firing the gun. Enough shooting and it will continue to break, all that is needed is to remove a little off the front of the ramp. Had this same issue with my CM9.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

My used PM9 came with those followers. They work wonderful
ETA, in the 6rd and 7 rd mags
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=35&t=143232

modify feed ramp
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top