Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 11/11/2015 7:43:02 PM EDT
I am looking at used pm9 . What should I be looking for? Are they reliable ? Any issues that I should be worried about?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up one that was slightly used at my local gunshop today for $415 with 2 mags. Shoots great and is the perfect size. You'll love it!
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]

I got used PM9 and p380 and never had problem with them, my used p9 had few hang-ups which were cured by cleaning striker channel.

With Kahrs it' almost impossible to say if there is any problem until you can shoot them. You could fire pencil or glue stick upwards if store allows it

to check if it will fires

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I would be sure to check the feed ramp. Some have had chipped edges on the sharp point at the base of the ramp.
Also to make sure it wasn't bubba'd up and dumped. Also check the magazine followers. If they are damaged its a good sign your barrel needs some work.
I've had 2 kahr pm9's, 1 mk9, 1 pm45, 1p45, and 1p380. Currently I only have 1 pm9 and the p380.
I guess you could say I like Kahrs. the only problem I ever had was 1 of the pm9 7 round mags would not feed reliably, the ammo would nosedive and lock the gun up regularly. Stopped using that mag, never had any issues with any of the other guns or mags.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top