Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 7/4/2015 8:14:11 PM EDT
A couple days ago I took my CM9 out for a test.  I had only fired around 20 rounds through it a week before when my session was interrupted.  First four rounds fired into a 2" group ~2-3" over POA that first outing at 15 yards.

This outing after checking how well it would shoot for me at 25 yards I took a empty case and placed a Speer plastic bullet in the case.  I proceeded to fire all the rounds from the clip loading the empty case with Speer plastic bullet as the top round (under the chambered ball round) between each shot.  No matter how many cartridges followed the wad cutter profile plastic bullet it did not fail to chamber when the hardball round in the chamber was fired.  I hope to find some way of  getting reloaded wadcutters just to see what would happen.

I've known people who would never buy a used gun but this used pistol with 5 extra magazines for under 400 bucks invested is looking better each time I take it out.

Now I need some full size targets to practice on and find time to shoot for 50 rounds a day for 5 days.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you know for certain how many rounds were fired before you bought, it might be a smart move to order a new FACTORY recoil spring.

These mini guns are hard on springs and they need to be replaced much more often then larger guns.
Don't buy any extra-power springs.  
These small guns are running right on the edge of what's possible and you can't play games with recoil springs like you can in other guns.
These are engineered to operate with a specific weight spring and nothing else.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you know for certain how many rounds were fired before you bought, it might be a smart move to order a new FACTORY recoil spring.

These mini guns are hard on springs and they need to be replaced much more often then larger guns.
Don't buy any extra-power springs.  
These small guns are running right on the edge of what's possible and you can't play games with recoil springs like you can in other guns.
These are engineered to operate with a specific weight spring and nothing else.
View Quote

It isn't broke so I'm not going to rush to fix it, though I'll probably order a replacement and some other stuff from Kahr soon.
Thanks.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top