Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 6/11/2015 6:00:45 AM EDT
Well, took my new CW380 to the range for the first time today. I followed all of the suggestions for prepping the gun. I fired 150 rounds of PMC, and had about a 15% failure rate. Being fair about things, the gun was not cleaned at all during the range session, and I’m fairly certain that contributed significantly to the malfunctions; It was extremely dirty after about 50 rounds, and I pushed it for another 100, mainly to see if it would stop completely. It kept going. Most of the issues I encountered were failure to feed or eject. These problems presented when the ramp and the chamber became heavily fouled with carbon. Frankly, I wasn’t at all surprised by it. I don’t think any micro- pistol would have behaved differently. These little guns are engineering marvels really, and push the limits on design.  
I was impressed with the gun overall. It’s VERY accurate, surprisingly so in fact. The trigger is smooth, and the gun is very pleasant to shoot. There is no recoil to speak of, and the gun behaved in a very gentlemanly fashion. I also have to say that I never had two malfunctions in a row, and basic remedial action cleared the various issues promptly. I'm feeling very positive about the gun at this juncture.
I’ll post again after I clean the gun, and make another tripto the range.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Good write up. I am looking at the CW380 myself. From my understanding, Kahr recommends a "break in" period of around 200 rounds, before they will function reliably, so I am guessing your results are normal for your first time out. It will be interesting to see how it shoots at the 200+ round mark.

What holster are you planning on using with it? I had a Ruger LCP and used a DeSantis "Nemesis" for it. I currently use a Nemesis rig for my PM9 and my Glock 26......
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good write up. I am looking at the CW380 myself. From my understanding, Kahr recommends a "break in" period of around 200 rounds, before they will function reliably, so I am guessing your results are normal for your first time out. It will be interesting to see how it shoots at the 200+ round mark.

What holster are you planning on using with it? I had a Ruger LCP and used a DeSantis "Nemesis" for it. I currently use a Nemesis rig for my PM9 and my Glock 26......
View Quote

I'm a fan of the "Recluse" brand holsters for pocket carry. The two-sided, clam shell configuration is great IMHO. if you're interested in doing some research, the company web site is here: Recluse Holsters

For whatever its worth, I'd buy the gun again. Good luck, whatever way you decide to go.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
A CW380 is definitely on the list for my next CCW purchase. I really like my PM9, but I would like something a little smaller for the warmer months. I liked the Ruger LCP too, but the sights left a lot to be desired. I know these are pocket guns and not target pistols, but I prefer the larger sights of the CW380......

Thanks for the holster link. I will check them out.

Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top