Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2015 10:02:17 AM EDT
Hey guys, what would be a fair retail price for a new PM9? None of the gun stores around me carry them, so I have to order. My only experience with Kahr is a CW40 which was around 750 dollars. Not really sure I'm willing to pay that much for a single stack 9.

Anyway, how much would you pay for a PM9?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Bud's has it for $525 so that's a good starting point. Any reason not to go with the CM9 for a lot less? I got mine on sale for $300, so I would think you could get close to that (especially if you wait for a sale to pop up). I see you're in GA, anywhere close to Cherokee Gun & Pawn? I see them listing them for around the $300 mark every once in a while.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I would check out Buds' Gun shop too.....

I have a PM9 and love it, but if I were looking to buy another one, I would go with the CM9 as they are less expensive, but still good quality.....
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bud's has it for $525 so that's a good starting point. Any reason not to go with the CM9 for a lot less? I got mine on sale for $300, so I would think you could get close to that (especially if you wait for a sale to pop up). I see you're in GA, anywhere close to Cherokee Gun & Pawn? I see them listing them for around the $300 mark every once in a while.
View Quote

I'm in cumming, so not too close.

What is the difference between the CM9 and PM9?

I'm a kahr noob. I just *really* like the size of the PM9s.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here:

Ignore the prices (they're MSRP), but the rest of it is accurate.

The size of the CM9/PM9 is what drew me to it, but I wasn't willing to pay nearly double the price for the PM9. The differences just weren't enough and when I got my Kahr, they were offering a free magazine in a promo for the CM9. I really like my CM9 and carry it nearly every day. It really is small and light. The short grip allows me to easily hide it under a t-shirt and it is just on the edge of small enough to pocket carry in cargo shorts/pants.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, thanks!

Based on that I'd probably want the PM9 for the polygonal rifling alone. I am shooting more and more so I guess barrel life will be a concern.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wow, thanks!

Based on that I'd probably want the PM9 for the polygonal rifling alone. I am shooting more and more so I guess barrel life will be a concern.
View Quote

It's your money. I am pretty sure I will never shoot that barrel out in my lifetime. Maybe find a used one? I see used PM-series pistols at Cabela's (not the cheapest place) for around $500.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
My PM9 has a great trigger, is accurate and reliable.

The CM 9 is a compact 9mm but not the same quality as the PM 9.

Dave N
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Dave N
View Quote

So as not to confuse the issue further, they do have exactly the same trigger. With the exception of the barrel rifling and the slightly different cuts on the slide, the differences are minor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So as not to confuse the issue further, they do have exactly the same trigger. With the exception of the barrel rifling and the slightly different cuts on the slide, the differences are minor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

Yes they do have the same triggers. CM9 all the way, especially if its a carry gun. It's a beater gun but still great quality. I've beat the hell out of mine, but it still keeps going. Polygonal for a CCW piece will not make a difference, the piece is not meant to drive tacks. Also the MIM lever is more than adequate, I have not seen or heard of one fail on a CM9.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes they do have the same triggers. CM9 all the way, especially if its a carry gun. It's a beater gun but still great quality. I've beat the hell out of mine, but it still keeps going. Polygonal for a CCW piece will not make a difference, the piece is not meant to drive tacks. Also the MIM lever is more than adequate, I have not seen or heard of one fail on a CM9.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

Local Cabelas had used CM for 350 including 5 mags' a 6.7 and 8 round Kahr mags and a 6 and 7 aftermarket mag without slide lock follower.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Local Cabelas had used CM for 350 including 5 mags' a 6.7 and 8 round Kahr mags and a 6 and 7 aftermarket mag without slide lock follower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

That's a no brainer, great deal.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a new PM9 with nightsights back in early 2010 and I paid $655 for it before tax.
The PM's are not cheap ever even with the regular sights on it.
Mine is nearing the 1000 round mark and has never once faltered as long as you don't use the pos 7 round magazine they give you.
This is using at least seven brands of fmj and three different brands of hollow point ammo.
Stick with the standard 6 round magazine and all should be fine.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top