Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 4:01:07 PM EDT
My buddy is looking at purchasing the Kahr CM9. I wanted to know about how well-made is this pistol. Is it reliable?

Are there any opinions and personal experiences on them?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Good pistol well made long smooth trigger, just do the 200 round break in Kahrs have really tight tolerances
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Love mine as a backup. Wife has a K9. There is a noticeable difference in triggers between the P and C models, but for the price it is a reliable and accurate shooter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
great gun.  great for deep concealment.  I've switched to the slightly larger P9...but will keep the CM9 as a backup.  you can't beat these for size (thickness especially)
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one that I carry in my front pocket in a simple sleeve. Very accurate, utterly reliable, not unpleasant to shoot for 3-4 boxes at a time. They are top shelf guns imho. That and you can find them for $325-$400 just about everywhere in my AO. I have owned everal of them over the last 15 years, and they were/are great guns. With a little practice the triggers are very positive and consistant. I like the triggers better than grena.....Glocks by a wide margin.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My buddy is looking at purchasing the Kahr CM9. I wanted to know about how well-made is this pistol. Is it reliable?
View Quote

My CM40 wasn't. Even after sending back to Kahr one time.  Very finicky on ammo imo.

Sold it, bought an M&P, tired it with the same ammo the Kahr choked on and it ran fine.

Your results may vary.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I've replaced mine with a shield but I can't seem to let go of the CM9. It's a great gun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:29:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I've owned two different CM9's and both were 100% reliable. Great guns.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]
would they hold up to harsh weather?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my CM9. It disappears under light, close-fitting shirts. I'm wearing it now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#10]
No issues with my cm9.  My new cw380 is back at Kahr currently.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love mine as a backup. Wife has a K9. There is a noticeable difference in triggers between the P and C models, but for the price it is a reliable and accurate shooter.
View Quote

Can you elaborate on the trigger differences?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I have had now 12 different Kahr's , from the K,P and CW/CM lines, the CM was my favorite, I actually had 2 of them, only problem I had with one was it cracked a mag follower which kahr replaced free, I got rid of my Kahr's out of boredom and wish the trade bug would have not afflicted me, I'm currently carrying an E9 I recently picked up from a trade in the EE.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The triggers on my P9, CW40 and CW380 are all identical, pretty sure they are supposed to be.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I have over 300 rounds of mixed ammo through mine without a single problem. So far I am very happy with the CM9
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#15]
It's a very reliable, affordable and accurate little gun.  The only drawback is the trigger reset is long, like a DAO revolver.  I am used to Glock triggers so it is a learning curve.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Lube and rack the shit out of it before you go to the range, save a few rounds of ammo. I had to practice with the trigger, since I'm used to SA and DA/SA guns.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I like mine a lot.  Never had a jam with it.  

I might replace it with a Glock 43 some day but I'll probably keep the Kahr.  I just like the Glock trigger better since I know it the best.  The CM9 has a super smooth trigger but it's long.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Favorite carry gun I own.  It's always on my person in the summer.  In the winter I mix it up a bit, but the CM9 is 100% reliable with 124gr Gold Dots.

Shot 115gr blazer brass, 115gr magtech, 115gr remington green box, 115gr federal bulk.  No issues in hundreds of each.

My buddy has one too.  I think he limp wrists the thing because he does have problems with his when he shoots it.  I've shot 200 rounds though his and have yet to have any issue.   Makes me wonder if people that have so many issues with kahr guns aren't to blame...at least some of the time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Are there any opinions and personal experiences on them?
View Quote

I consider it very well made. Mine has experienced zero malfunctions. I have put around 400 rounds through it.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top