Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2015 12:36:31 PM EDT
Bought a used CM9 today that appears to be in great shape. Couldn't have been fired much.  Is there anything I need to know about this gun?  Do they like certain types of ammo?  Any common problems I need to look out for?  How are you guys carrying your CM9's?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Put 150-200 trouble free rounds though it, then a box of your HP, using all mags, before carry to be sure it works.  Most do, a few don't.  Might FTF on "slingshot", and if so use slide release.  Mine is 100% gtg.

It's a small 9mm.  I don't prefer shooting it more than 100 rounds a session.  But, it's a a great tiny 9mm.

I carry in modified Crossbreed.  Gun is so small about any quality holster will work.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
First post is spot on, I had 2 of them and they both ran 100% I cracked a couple of mag followers but kahr sent free new ones.  Both my CM's ran hp ammo fine and were easy to shoot.

I carried in a cheap galco IWB, forgot the gun was there most of the time.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Check that your mag followers don't snag on the magazine catch. Disassemble mag and field strip pistol. Install empty mag body in mag well. Use a pencil or similar rod to slide follower up mag body toward feed lips. Does follower hang up as it passes mag catch? If yes, remove mag body and slide follower up to mag catch cut-out and mark follower through the window. Remove follower and sand down the corner where you marked it. Test and repeat until follower moves freely in seated mag body. You won't have to remove much if any. I had to remove about 1/32"-1/16" from the corner of my followers.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't have a whole lot of time but I hit the range today. I put 100rds of every type of ammo I have through my CM9. It ran like a sewing machine.  The gun is accurate but I'm not.  I need more practice but I'm happy with my purchase.
I'm still looking for a good low profile IWB holster for this if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent my slide to  Kahr and had them install night sights. Helped round out the piece.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent my slide to  Kahr and had them install night sights. Helped round out the piece.
View Quote

What'd that cost you?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What'd that cost you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What'd that cost you?

The sights were 80 and I think total came out to around 140. It took about 2 weeks. The sights are according to the Internet notoriously hard to replace (rear sight) so I took the easy way out. I Am very happy with the result. Of course I did the 200 round break in to make sure that the gun was reliable before making that investment. It dissapears in a Supertuck.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Strip, clean it, keep it well lubed. Don't use shitty ammo and you should be fine.

Mine was solid in 160 rounds. I sold it because I wanted to go back to a Shield. There was nothing wrong with the gun. It has a smooth trigger, is plenty accurate, and is one of the smallest 9mm pistols you can carry.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Update (because I'm bored), My cousins and I put 300rds of Tula and Brown bear through my CM9 last weekend without a hitch. I'm a Glock guy but I'm really liking this little Kahr.  Fits in my pocket, shoots straight, inexpensive and reliable.  What more could you ask for in a carry gun?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Update (because I'm bored), My cousins and I put 300rds of Tula and Brown bear through my CM9 last weekend without a hitch. I'm a Glock guy but I'm really liking this little Kahr.  Fits in my pocket, shoots straight, inexpensive and reliable.  What more could you ask for in a carry gun?
View Quote

That sums up my exact thoughts on my CW9.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top