Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2015 11:51:39 PM EDT
I never leave home without my PM9; whether its on my ankle or appendix carried with shorts. My new CW45 with bronze slide was going to be its replacement for days I wanted a larger caliber (hiking, camping, going downtown ). But the grip stuck out just enough for me to stay conscious of it with every movement. After about 2 months of thinking it over and close to half a case of various ammo down range with out a single issue... I decided to chop my CW45 Bronze to accept PM45 mags. An hours work with a dremel, benchtop sander, and wet sandpaper was all that was needed. I couldn't be happier with it.

Some shots with the PM9...

And my M&P9c...

And it shoots great with my 10rd Wilson 1911 mags...
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice work there. I never thought about lopping of a portion of my CW 45 for better concealment. And the 10 round 1911 mag thing........never thought about even trying it. Time to go to the safe. What holster do you use with your PM 9.

I've been a dedicated Kahr fan for years, for my CCW needs. They have always been 100% for me. I like the Bronze slide. Might have to get our Cerakote guy to work on my 45 as well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I've loved carrying my Covert but I'm really interested in the M&P45 shield. Anybody have any experience with it, specifically as it compares to a CW45 or PM45?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've loved carrying my Covert but I'm really interested in the M&P45 shield. Anybody have any experience with it, specifically as it compares to a CW45 or PM45?
View Quote

I have a m&p45 shield. But no kahr in .45 for comparison. I see you have a m&p9c, my m&p45 shield rides very well in the iwb holster for my m&p9c. The 9c and .45 are comparable in size to me with the exception of the .45 shield being thinner. I also have a pm9 kahr, either the .45 shield  or pm9 are usually with me.
I can recommend the .45 shield so far. It is not what I would consider a true single stack though. S&W makes the mags to slightly stagger the ammo when loaded, I assume to bring the length down a bit. So more like a stack and a half size if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops. Double tap
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah the Shield 45 is sweet man. The XDS-45 is nice too. Both are better than the Khar. The XDS-45 is a little smaller, but I like the Shield better.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top