Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 3/8/2015 1:39:02 PM EDT
Well its gona be one or the other, I am through driving myself nuts trying to figure out which micro 380 to buy.  So its down to the Kahr p380 or the cw.  money is not a issue regarding this purchase.  The P380 is a tad bit lighter and better rifling, but to a semi novice like me does it matter.  Which of the two will be less problematic is and should be my question, Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought the CW380 because having dovetail sights and the better machining of the P series just wasn't that important to me. I also preferred a rifled barrel in case I want to shoot lead reloads so that was actually a plus. All for a lower price, too! If you want to upgrade the sights, I guess having a dovetailed front sight makes changing it out easier; otherwise, you just get a new pinned front sight similar to a Glock.

Kahr recommends a 200 round break-in. I didn't have any catastrophes occur in my first 200 rounds. Occasionally, it wouldn't go into battery fully. A quick slap to the rear of the slide would fix that. I also have a tendency to ride the slide stop so the slide wouldn't hold open after the last round sometimes.

It's an accurate little pistol and recoil is very manageable.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 4:48:33 AM EDT
[#2]
CW. I can't believe Kahr even makes the "upscale" versions anymore.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the P380 for the higher finishing of the slide.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#4]
so FP. With the p380 i wouldn't be able to use reloads?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so FP. With the p380 i wouldn't be able to use reloads?
View Quote

Jacketed reloads aren't the problem. Polygonal barrels foul faster with unjacketed bullet. The lead build-up can result in overpresuure. I just want the option to shoot lead bullets so I prefer the rifled barrel personally. At self-defense ranges, I think the variation in accuracy is negligible.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a used p380 in black with night sights and i carry it all the time.  Both will do you just fine but if cost is not an object I would definitely go with the p380.  It's a better looking gun and the night sights on mine are a nice addition.  That being said, a cw380 will do you just fine.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Money isn't an issue?!?  If that is truly the case why would you even consider the CW ?

CCP380 all the way.  I had one years ago and sold it.  I've really regretted it ever since.  Recently I found one just like the one I sold for the same money and didn't hesitate.

If I have to use a 380 things are bad enough without compromising further by using a cheaper 380.

Both of my P380 pistols were significantly more accurate than any other 380 I'd ever shot.

The first page of this forum had three posts about garbage CW380 pistols.

This is truly a no brainer as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I made the mistake of checking these guns out after "swearing" my G-43 was going to be the last self defense gun I'd buy. Im an older guy about to retire so it should be no trial to spend what money and time I have left on sporting arms and maybe building a military collection. But these Kahr's make my LCP look and feel like a toy. Even worse a Keltec 2.0.

This is a nicely made weapon. I had a chance to buy a micro 9mm a few years ago complete with add ons and passed. Now I feel foolish and really want a Kahr.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a PM9 and also it's cheaper version.  This is like comparing a Seiko watch and a Timex.  The Seiko is fancier but doesn't keep better time.  I also like the option to shoot lead bullets.  I doubt that any difference in accuracy exists.  Pocket pistols aren't jewelry and nobody can see it in your pocket.  I chose the CW380 because I'm not an elitest snob.  I only require that a pistol work properly.  You see more bad write-ups on the CW380 than the P380 because there are far more of them out there.  My local gun shop only carries Kahr's economy line in stock these days as the sales on their deluxe line dried up.  The difference is (1) polygonal barrel  (2) machined slide stop  (3) dovetail front sight  (4) additional machining to remove metal from the outside of the slide  (5) an extra magazine  These things aren't worth the additional cost.  Remember Kahr recommends you put a minimum of 200 rounds through the gun for breakin.  Use the price difference to pay for this ammo.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer the P380 for the higher finishing of the slide.  
View Quote

This.  If I were to buy another Kahr it would be the P or PM series.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#11]
If price is no concern, opt for the P model.

Fyi, there was a new CT380 debuted at SHOT. Slightly larger... About the same size as the G42.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top