Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2015 4:23:54 PM EDT
After racking the slide, is the striker on a Kahr partially or fully cocked?

FWIW, darn near broke in the new CC after handling a new K9 today. Perish the thought, but it might actually replace my beloved 3913 if I buy one. I'd be hard pressed to think of a pistol that felt better in the hand the the K9, and I absolutely loved that trigger.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It's partially cocked.
If the action should fail the striker/firing pin probably doesn't have enough force to fire a round.

The K9 is in my opinion, the very best of them all.
The grip feels like a small Browning 9mm and the trigger was originally designed to feel like a S&W revolver.
The sights are excellent, and it's the first pistol I ever owned that really didn't "need" any work.
It's one of the smoothest guns I ever saw INSIDE.  NO burrs or heavy machine marks.

I have no idea how many rounds I have through my early stainless K9 but I can't even induce a stoppage.
It's NEVER jammed, even with the horrible 1960's Egyptian 9mm ammo I used to break it in per the factory mandated 200 rounds.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive got a P9 and a 3913.  While it may be a close call, the P9 gets the nod when I need a small gun.

I like the 3913, got it at a wonderful price, its my "California Gun"

Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top