Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 2/16/2015 1:29:19 AM EDT
Had an interesting failure on my carry gun today--fortunately while target shooting and not in some more perilous place. Halfway through a magazine I had a misfire; racked the slide and no firing pin strike. Tried to disassemble and couldn't--the slide would not come off. Got it home, pulled the firing pin and stripped the slide while it was racked back, and could then remove the slide and barrel. What happened is the trigger bar has a 90 degree bend, with a small horizontal tab that engages the sear mechanism. That tab broke off cleanly at the bend, hence no reset and strike. Fortunately is an easy fix and Kahr has a decent parts site. Just before it failed I noticed that the slide was sitting a hair farther forward on the frame and I wondered why...now I know, I guess. This particular pistol had perhaps 2K rounds on it--guess I'll start checking the trigger bar every so often.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I would ask Kahr if this is a known issue.

Dave N
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a fair bit of scurrying around and see that I'm not the only one--I wouldn't say it is common but I found about half a dozen reports of broken trigger bars (most a number of years old). I checked with Kahr and they were happy to replace under warranty. I've put at least 6-7 thousand rounds through my Kahrs with very little trouble so I'm going to stick with the brand....
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top