Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 2/9/2015 9:09:01 PM EDT
I have an MK9 on order, will be my first Kahr, and would like to order an IWB holster for it.  I think I'd actually like to order a K9 sized holster as I've found that holsters for really short barreled guns sometimes are more uncomfortable and stick into your side more than longer holsters.  

A few holster companies I've looked at only list the CM9 and CW9 in their holster offerings and another includes the PM9 and P9, but none of them include the K9 and MK9.  Does anyone know if an MK9 will fit securely in a holster designed for the CW9?  I'm looking at kydex and hybrid holsters mostly so they'll have less give for a different gun to fit in than leather.  

And does anyone also have recommendations for other holsters I should consider that will fit a K9?  I'm looking for an IWB, preferably with zero cant and with a single clip or belt loops; I don't like those larger holsters with the 2 offset clips like a Cross Breed, etc.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Crossbreed minituck that I use for a PM9, P9 and E9. They all fit fine.

The steel-frame Kahrs are slightly thinner at the dustcover but body pressure against the pistol keeps it secure IWB.
When not wearing the holster the fit is loose but there's no issue while being worn.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:48:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Great, thank you.  I was thinking about trying this holster.  I've never tried any of their products before, but it looks like it'd be comfortable like the crossbreed style of holster with the leather back, but not such a pain to put on.  Anyone try one of these holsters before or know of any similar holsters I should consider?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#3]
The holster you linked looks just fine. I have no experience with them though.

The offset clip style holsters are lower profile than standard clips like on the holster shown. Why are you averse to the crossbreed style?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I've tried holsters like the crossbreed before; they're too much of a hassle getting them on.  I prefer something I can just slip on as I'm walking out the door.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top