Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 9/27/2014 8:51:55 PM EDT
So, I picked up my T9 Thursday night and it is pretty nice, but it's not amazing.  First, the right grip is chipped right above the bottom screw hole.  Second, there are some slight machining marks on the slides.  They aren't super apparent, but they are if you look at it in the light te right way.  

For the grip issue, I was going to contact Kahr this week.  How's their customer service?

For the machining marks, I was thinking above taking some 0000 steel wool to it and try to bring it out.  Do you think this is a good idea?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have to hold it just right to see the marks then it will probably go unnoticed by everyone else. Shoot it. It is a tool.. As for the grips, ask for a replacement set, and check closer at the dealer next time before you accept the gun.

I got a brand new K9 S/S last week and have yet to shoot it.  Hope yours shoots well for you.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't use steel wool on stainless steel or aluminum guns.
The steel wool will embed tiny particles into the softer stainless or aluminum and it will rust later, damaging the finish.

If you have to use something, use Scotchbrite polishing pads or very fine sand cloth.
Smart move is to either send it back to the company, or just do nothing.
In any case if they're actually machine marks you won't get them off with steel wool or Scotchbrite, and actual machine marks will require more than a little sanding to get off.

Usually when you start buffing or sanding on a gun it never looks right again.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a damn shame they don't make Hogues for the T9s like they do with the K9s.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm okay with the machinng on the slide since it is very, very slight.  However, I do want replacement grips.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top