Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2014 4:50:35 PM EDT
I need some advice I just got back from a shooting trip and I brought along a new kahr CM45 to break in before I start packing it ... I had 6 failure  to feeds with in the first 150 rounds which was expected the next 100 rounds ran flawless... The problem I'm having is when I put a round in the pipe and try to eject the live round by pulling the slide back the round gets jamed between the slide and barrel it gets wedged in there pretty good to where you have to pry it out ... I had a kahr CW9 and it ran flawless with no failures and this is the first gun ive had that has done this... Not sure if I should send it back to Kahr just seeing if any one else has had this problem...

" />

" />
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Drop your magazine FIRST. Gun not really meant to eject LOADED rounds. The same thing happens with my CM 9, and my CT 45.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey thanks for the reply I forgot to mention that it does the same thing with the mag out of the gun...

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drop your magazine FIRST. Gun not really meant to eject LOADED rounds. The same thing happens with my CM 9, and my CT 45.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Pull your slide back while holding the muzzle at a 45* and give it a little shake. Are you sure you are pulling it all of the way back. Were you having failure to fire causing the need to pull the live round out of the gun?
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Im pretty sure Im pulling it back all the way its almost like the slide isnt going back far enough for the round to clear but when there is no round in the chamber it goes back all the way...  Ive had no failures to fire for the need to pull a live round... I plan on carrying this gun on a daily basis and dont plan on getting into a gun fight every day... I carry with one in the pipe when im not at home and right when I walk in the door I like to take the live round out of the chamber its not a big deal but will be very annoying having to pry out a round after everytime I carry...
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pull your slide back while holding the muzzle at a 45* and give it a little shake. Are you sure you are pulling it all of the way back. Were you having failure to fire causing the need to pull the live round out of the gun?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I figured out the problem a couple of guys on kahr talk had the same problem and had a remedy... I took a little material off the barrel hood and then polished it and also took some material off the ejector rod... I took it out and shot another 100 flawless rounds threw it and now it ejects a live  round just fine...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
look at the bullet for engraving marks. kahr's are known for having tight chambers. some bullets will stick in the rifling.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top