Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 9/8/2014 9:23:05 AM EDT
My PSA Labor Day sale CW380 arrived on Thursday. Finally got to shoot it yesterday and it is leaps and bounds ahead of the G42 I bought back in March and promptly sold.

I had one failure to feed (or the slide locked back) which was cured by a simple tap, rack.

It was more accurate, had a better trigger, and less recoil than the G42 as well.

I'm a huge GLOCK fan but I'm not so sure I'd even bother if they came out with a single-stack 9mm considering my experience with the G42.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!  I would think the G42 would have less recoil based on size and weight, but haven't shot either one.  

My wife said the CM9 has too heavy of a slide spring for her to use, is the CW380 the same way?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
That's encouraging. I was struggling with mine. I sent it back for work, but have not had an opportunity to shoot it since. It is tiny, and does fit the role of the pocket pistol well. Are you carrying the 6 or 7 rnd magazines?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome!  I would think the G42 would have less recoil based on size and weight, but haven't shot either one.  

My wife said the CM9 has too heavy of a slide spring for her to use, is the CW380 the same way?
View Quote

It's still pretty heavy. I have both and haven't put them through the break-in period yet, but I would say racking the slide on the CW380 is about 80% of the CM9. My wife was able to do it, but only after I told her to use the full hand over the slide technique.

So far, I do love these little Kahrs. I'm finally carrying all the time thanks to the 380.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
You think the G42 has a lot of recoil?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You think the G42 has a lot of recoil?
View Quote

No, I just think the CW380 has less.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Initial weight is light but it takes a good grip to get it back far enough to lock open.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Are you carrying the 6 or 7 rnd magazines?
View Quote

Six rounders.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Looky what I got from the big brown truck today!

That's a 250 round pack of reman .380acp 100gr FMJs and 2 precious boxes of the coveted PrecisionONe .380acp 90gr XTP unicorn rounds. I'm gonna make some noise this week with my little CW380.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I received my PSA kahr cw380 last week... shoots good except it doesn't like fiocchi hps... fails to go into battery..sold my lcp that I had for a few years, never really liked the lcp and was impressed by the kahr.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I received my PSA kahr cw380 last week... shoots good except it doesn't like fiocchi hps... fails to go into battery..sold my lcp that I had for a few years, never really liked the lcp and was impressed by the kahr.
View Quote

I wonder if Fiocchi .380 is just crap. The FMJ made my G42 choke. I've had good luck with their 9mm FWIW...
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I wonder if Fiocchi .380 is just crap. The FMJ made my G42 choke. I've had good luck with their 9mm FWIW...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used a bunch of Fiocchi .380 FMJ in my P3AT and then an LCP, and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I used a bunch of Fiocchi .380 FMJ in my P3AT and then an LCP, and it worked fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then I'm going with the G42 (at least mine) is crap.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the Fiocchi ammo is out of spec. The .380 FMJ I have won't chamber in my P380, but it will in my P3AT and my wife's Bodyguard (looks like the P3AT/Bodyguard have looser chambers.)
I tried the Fiocchi ammo in a case gauge, and it will not go all the way in. I have 4 boxes, and I checked a number of rounds from each box. Every one I tried wouldn't fit in the gauge. All the other .380 ammo I have (Winchester, Federal, Speer, even crappy Russian .380 ammo) will fit into the gauge all the way.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:59:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine has fed everything I have put into it.  Just like every other Glock I have.  My two Kahrs on the other hand are super picky.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I love glocks... I drank the cool aid and have the bug for life...  That being said my g42 was way to big for what it is and I ended up selling it and now I have the Kahr.  Perfect little bug.  Great trigger and a better shooter.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#16]
For what it's worth, the only ammo my Glock has had trouble with is the Fiocchi FMJ.  Occasionally it won't fully chamber a round.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

For what it's worth, the only ammo my Glock has had trouble with is the Fiocchi FMJ.  Occasionally it won't fully chamber a round.
View Quote

I tried Fiocchi FMJ, Winchester white box FMJ, Remington Golden Saber, Federal Hydra Shok, and Hornady Critical Defense. Probably one or two others. The ONLY thing that functioned 100% was the Federal Hydra Shok.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I love glocks... I drank the cool aid and have the bug for life...  That being said my g42 was way to big for what it is and I ended up selling it and now I have the Kahr.  Perfect little bug.  Great trigger and a better shooter.
View Quote

Agreed!
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife and I have shot both the CW380 and G42. After 1 shot with the G42 she said this is the one and that is what she went home with. She is very recoil sensitive. That being said. I carry a CM9 because it is the same size as a G42 but in 9mm. All are great CCW pistols IMO.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My wife and I have shot both the CW380 and G42. After 1 shot with the G42 she said this is the one and that is what she went home with. She is very recoil sensitive. That being said. I carry a CM9 because it is the same size as a G42 but in 9mm. All are great CCW pistols IMO.
View Quote

Good point.  I know Pokey is trying to trash the G42 in multiple threads but at the end of the day they are all good pistols.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw that Kahr is making the CT380 now, which is closer in size to the G42.  Should be interesting, I would like to compare them head-to-head if I can ever find a CT380.  Lots of people trying the G42 and selling it soon afterwards, but other people love them.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Bud's has one for $300
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top