Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2014 8:19:55 AM EDT
OK I'll try to keep this short, I just purchased a cw40 and from the start had issues.   The slide locked backed after every shot, tried 12 rounds same issue everytime.  Also when an empty mag is inserted and  I pull back the slide it locks as it should.  But I cannot release the slide with an empty mag.  Another issue is the front rail was had been gouged severely leaving polymer in the slide.  So I sent the pistol back to Kahr they sent a call tag and service was quick and prompt, had it back in like 10 days.  So all looks good hoping the problem has been corrected.  So now the question is, the mag is still staying locked back with an empty mag, and I can not release it unless I remove the magazine, is this normal?  All my other pistols if I press the slide release with an empty mag the slide slides forward.  I'm new to Kahr products, so just a newbie question
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OK I'll try to keep this short, I just purchased a cw40 and from the start had issues.   The slide locked backed after every shot, tried 12 rounds same issue everytime.  Also when an empty mag is inserted and  I pull back the slide it locks as it should.  But I cannot release the slide with an empty mag.  Another issue is the front rail was had been gouged severely leaving polymer in the slide.  So I sent the pistol back to Kahr they sent a call tag and service was quick and prompt, had it back in like 10 days.  So all looks good hoping the problem has been corrected.  So now the question is, the mag is still staying locked back with an empty mag, and I can not release it unless I remove the magazine, is this normal?  All my other pistols if I press the slide release with an empty mag the slide slides forward.  I'm new to Kahr products, so just a newbie question
Thanks
View Quote

Sounds like the slide lock is hitting the rounds instead of the magazine follower. Shorten the slide lock slightly (where it goes into the gun) and that should fix that.

As for your problem of not being able to push down the slide stop on an empty magazine, yep they all do that. Grab a pin punch and remove the bottom of the magazine. After your magazine spring squirts out and you figure that it'll take you a week to get ALL that spring back into the magazine, you'll know why it's so hard to push down on the slide stop to get the slide to go forward on a empty magazine.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it took me week to get the spring back in......LOL>...and thanks for the answer, makes perfect sense, so hoping she runs flawlesy tomorrow...
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top