Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2014 3:23:47 PM EDT
I am looking at a CM9 and wanted your thoughts....

THANKS!!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Carrying is comforting not always comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry a CM9 in a Galco Ankle Glove at work and I routinely forget it's there. I wear it up above a boot that helps hold it up so I'm guessing that helps.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry a CM9 in a Galco Ankle Glove at work and I routinely forget it's there. I wear it up above a boot that helps hold it up so I'm guessing that helps.
View Quote

Pokey, would you mind taking and posting a pic of that setup? I'd like to see it. I wear high-ish logging boots most of the time away from home and have been wondering if I could make that holster work for me with either the CM9 or an LCP.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pokey, would you mind taking and posting a pic of that setup? I'd like to see it. I wear high-ish logging boots most of the time away from home and have been wondering if I could make that holster work for me with either the CM9 or an LCP.

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

I tried but it's about impossible to get a decent pic. Put on an 8" or so boot, now imagine wrapping the cuff of the holster around your calf so the bottom edge rests on top of the boot. That's the way I wear mine. Logging boots might be a little high.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I do it almost everyday with a Galco Ankle Lite holster.  Comfortable, and I have used it for over 12hrs at a time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're gonna carry, can I recommend you waist carry..  Here's why..

1. Ankle carry is slow to get to compared to hip carry
2. I can't tell you how many times after a foot pursuit over fences etc we've had to go back and look for an officers backup that they carried in an ankle holster.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

2. I can't tell you how many times after a foot pursuit over fences etc we've had to go back and look for an officers backup that they carried in an ankle holster.
View Quote

An inconvenient gun is better than no gun
How many CCW types hop fences on the regular. Your points are valid for a cop
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

It depends.  If you are seated an ankle holster will probably be easier.   If you are on your back and ankle holster may be easier.   Cover both bases with hip and ankle.     As far as the BUG coming off during a foot pursuit, is that the entire ankle holster coming off or just the gun?  Limited to any specific brand of ankle holster?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry a back up PM40 on my ankle almost everyday.  I have a K40 Covert as my primary Off duty and then I carry a few extra mags. Works great. I would not however just carry on my ankle. That's always a back up spot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I carry a CW9 in a custom ankle rig daily, forget it's there until I put my feet up on my desk and my pants ride up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:39:20 AM EDT
[#11]
My CM9 carries just as easily in an ankle holster as my S&W 442 did.  I'd only ankle carry as a backup, but that's me.  As to loosing an ankle carried gun, I think it's more about what ankle rig one's using.  I never lost mine through numerous foot pursuits & fights, but I do know some personally who have.

Having said that, I agree that foot pursuits & fights aren't gong to be the norm for the typical CCW holder, but I still wouldn't ankle carry my primary.  Belt or pocket carry would be my first choices if it's a primary weapon.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top