Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2014 10:07:20 AM EDT
So here is my first attempt on a pistol, (tried two pmags this week).
Good, Bad, Or ugly? Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a fan of stippling personally (just a personal opinion and not a reflection on you) but it looks like you did a nice job.  

How did you do it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Filed off the checkered spots and took a soldering iron and just started making dimples. It is aggressive, most opinions I've got locally are the same as yours, it looks like it should but they don't like it. Kinda a bummer
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It's yours, as long as you like it...
Definitely not for me or my PM9.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Filed off the checkered spots and took a soldering iron and just started making dimples. It is aggressive, most opinions I've got locally are the same as yours, it looks like it should but they don't like it. Kinda a bummer
View Quote

Gotcha.  I think you did a nice job and put some nice effort into it.  It's just not what I prefer.  However, I can't fault your workmanship!!

You could have painted the gun with pink paint and it might have been done well...but it wouldn't have appealed to me either!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks fine if it's grippy. I'm more concerned w/ the function aspect, most guns need grip tape/stippling or something. Put some oil/sunscreen/whatever on your hands to simulate blood and shoot.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Im personally a fan of smaller stippling, but if it works go for it. Also if you think its too much, sanding down a stipple job really makes a lot better imo
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top