Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2014 11:11:04 PM EDT
I took my soon to be 18yo daughter shooting tonight to try to figure out what kind of handgun she wanted.
(My kids get guns at 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, & 22)

She tried out my Glock 19, a .38 snub, 4" .357, and my CW9.

Before leaving for the range, we did a little dry fire practice, and she was favoring the Glock. But once we started shooting, she said the Glock was too heavy, the
.357 (with .38's) felt too big, and she liked the .38 snub.

But then she shot the Kahr. She liked the weight, the thin grip, and she shot it really well for her first time on the gun. (4" group at seven yards).

After the range we stopped at a local shop to handle some other single stack 9mm's to see what else she might like. She handled the Sheild, XDs, LC9, but kept going back to the CW9. I thought for sure she would pick the LC9 because she liked the different colors.

She has been telling her friends all night that her dad is buying her a new "car" for her birthday! I keep reminding her that it will most likely be a good used one.

I might even surprise her by Cerakoting it a baby blue.

And this is a Tech forum, so no pics for you perves!
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 3:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you've got a wise daughter! At least she's able to discern that the CW9 makes more sense than the GLOCK 42.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice, carry my CW9 daily.

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 7:15:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Found one .

CW9 with Crimson Trace laser, two mags, and a Lula loader for $420.

I'm kind of liking the laser. I might have to find one for myself.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top