Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2013 4:49:51 PM EDT
I've bought a CW9 and so far I've been impressed with it. I bought some spare magazines to use for it and the only one that drops free is the magazine that came with it from teh factory. The other 3 get stick in the gun and need to be removed by hand.

I contacted Kahr about this and they said to mail them the mags and I did so but the 3 I recieved still will not drop free. What gives? As near as I can tell they look to be the same with the exception of the weld on the rear of the magazine.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw somewhere where this was brought up before and people were told by Kahr they could remove a little plastic from the magwell to fix this.  I don't think mine has this problem but maybe just not noticed it yet.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:39:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I contacted them again and was told they could issue me an RMA on my pistol. I'm a little leery of returning it as it works perfectly now aside from the fact that some magazines don't drop free.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I gently squeezed my CM9 mags in my vice, a little at a time until they drop. It is suggested at the Kahr forum that you remove the followers before you do this. I did not and they're fine. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:07:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I gently squeezed my CM9 mags in my vice, a little at a time until they drop. It is suggested at the Kahr forum that you remove the followers before you do this. I did not and they're fine. YMMV.
View Quote

I've heard of folks doing this to help w/ their spare mags from losing rounds and also getting the added bonus of mags dropping more freely in the process.  I tried all 7 of mine and all but 2 dropped freely.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 4:57:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Return the gun. I had the identical issue. Gun was RMA with their label and back in less than 10 working days. KAHR is good to go. Just make sure to return all the mags with it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 2:33:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Out of the five mags I have for my PM9, only two would drop free.  Took them apart and gently squeezed the feed lips in just a bit (trial and error method) now mine all shoot out of the gun when empty.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#7]
when i had a CW9, the 3 mags I bought with it, only 1 dropped free (the one that came with the gun).  All three were Kahr brand, not sure if there are any aftermarket ones.  Anyway, I simply sanded down with 1000 grit wet sanding paper the area where the mag release was.  Worked flawlessly afterwards.  It sucked that I had to do that with factory mags that were $30+ but oh well.  Ended up selling the gun for a G26.  

I wouldn't feel comfortable squeezing the mags in a vice in case there are any issues feeding or causing the welds on the back of the mags to separate.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
The magazines for my CW9 wouldn't drop free when I first got the pistol. Sometime over the first couple of hundred rounds I realized that the problem went away. I've read that other Kahr owners had the same issue when their guns were new.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I had the opposite problem, mine would drop free while shooting, hahaha.  It happened 3 times when I first took it to the range, the magazine just dropped right out after the first or second shot.  I was like WTF?  But it corrected itself and hasn't happened since.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top