Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 3/23/2013 11:07:49 AM EDT
Money is not an issue on this for me really, as long as its less than $100, I'm looking for the nicest quality p, most comfortable all day carry IWB holster for me CW9, what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a Mtac. There replaceable shell bodies are nice if you ever sell the gun just order the body and replace it.  I have carried my cw 9, 1911 and xd in one at times and they are comfy.  The clips are the whip allowing depth and cant adjustment.  They even through in a package of a smarties with your order.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I carried a CW9 in a Crossbreed for the first time tonight and it was great.  I still need to adjust the cant a bit but once I do, I think this thing will be really sweet.  I hardly noticed it was there all evening.  I have a couple other Crossbreeds (1911 & Beretta 92) and it really makes a huge difference carrying a gun that is designed for concealed carry.  I've stopped carrying the Beretta but the 1911 will still have it's place on my hip.  But this Kahr is going to get a lot more use.  If you do decide to get one, order directly from the Kahr online store.  They have them in stock and I received mine in a week.  Much better then the typical six week wait time ordering directly from Crossbreed.  Plus you get the Kahr logo stamped into the holster and I saved six bucks on shipping.  Can't beat that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 1:22:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Crossbreed, got one for my XD40 & my Kimber 1911 going to get one for my new Glock 22C
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Remora or a PJ Holster.  The Remora is awesome and a ridiculous deal, especially if you are Mil or LEO.  Check them both out.  You will not disappointed with either.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#5]
My crossbreed is quite comfy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Crossbreed (my brother has one for a CW40). I use a Galco King Tuck for EDC with a CW40 and love it. CompTac's MTAC is really nice too but was backordered 2 months when I wanted one. You can't go wrong with any of these. A good gunbelt is a MUST for any of them and will cost as much or more than the holster.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
My cheap Blackhawk IWB is nice and comfy, flimsy but comfy.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like my Remora with the reinforced top.  I can one hand re-holster with it if I want/need to unlike the standard version, I have a Nemesis for the rare times I actually pocket carry and it's just usually quick runs to store/taking out garbage.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
My daily CCW is a Kahr P45, and I have used the Galco IWB holster for almost a year now and love it. It has held up great, is comfortable, and still looks like new.
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Try a N82 tactical professional, the most comfortable holster by far!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I am using a Galco IWB as well, works well for me!
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I carry daily 8-10 hrs in my PJ Holster, no comfort issues at all.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I carry a CW45 in a MTR Custom Leather Dual Carry.  I would recommend their Sentinel model though.  Basically you get an IWB tuckable AND a paddle holster all for the same or less cost than Galco, Crossbreed, or Minotaur and the holster body is leather, not kydex.  Outstanding Customer Service as well!

mtrcustomleather.net
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a Mtac. There replaceable shell bodies are nice if you ever sell the gun just order the body and replace it.  I have carried my cw 9, 1911 and xd in one at times and they are comfy.  The clips are the whip allowing depth and cant adjustment.  They even through in a package of a smarties with your order.
View Quote

I read no further...this is what I have for my P9.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been rocking a leather galco IWB holster for my K9 for a while now.  I like it as A) it was cheap and B) offers a the ability to put the holster in a few different locations to fit better with what I'm wearing.  Its not greatest holster, but it works and has worked for a few years now.

Link Posted: 10/14/2013 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Money is not an issue on this for me really, as long as its less than $100, I'm looking for the nicest quality p, most comfortable all day carry IWB holster for me CW9, what do you guys think?
View Quote

Milt Sparks VMII:

Link Posted: 10/14/2013 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#17]
North Star Holsters
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 11:08:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:52:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I use a Mini-Tuk from Crossbreed.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#20]
These are all I use for IWB. I currently have one for Glock 19, Glock 26, and of course a Khar CW9.

You cannot beat the price and the quality. Look at the "Quick Cover" model.

link to their holster page here : Custom Carry Concepts
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Crossbreed
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I use this with my CW9.
kholster
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I use the Crossbreed and prefer the J clips over the standard clips that come with the holster.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#24]
StealthGearUSA Onyx. It's a hybrid, but with a vented nylon-ish backing instead of leather. Cooler for the summer months. Well worth it. I don't see the CW9 listed on the menu on their site, but they made one for me, so I'm sure they could make you one. http://www.stealthgearusa.com/collections/iwb-holsters/products/stealthgear-onyx-iwb-holster-for-kahr
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Another vote for the Crossbreed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Galco King Tuck is good to go
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Kramer IWB#3
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I have the Crossbreed Mini Tuck for my CW9, ordered it directly from Kahr.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Another vote for MTAC. I have several (including one for my CW40) and they are incredibly comfortable without taking up too much room.

Just make sure you get a good gun belt as well.  I like Looper for leather and Wilderness for nylon.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I use the Comp-tac Infidel.  It's very easy to put on and take off and does not have cumbersome backing, wings, and clips.  A small, light gun like the CW9 does not need all the wing and clips found on holsters built to distribute weight (like the CTAC and Minotaur holsters).
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Foxx Trapp
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I had a local guy make one for my P40 which is the same size as your pistol.  Great workmanship.  JC holster.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Anyone here using an Aliengear IWB tuckable? They are very inexpensive and I wonder how well they hold up?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#34]
I recently recieved an Alien Gear that I use to carry an Hk HK45CT. I am impressed!!! Very comfortable and even though this pistol is bigger than my typical Kahr, I can hardly tell I have the holster on. Little stiff at first but once it breaks in to your body it goes unnoticable that you have it on. Sure can't beat the price. Most holster manufactures have gone the route of ammo sellers....they know there is a pent up demand and have raised their prices into the stratousphere. Alien Gear is the most reasonably price holster out there. Pretty much a copy of the Crossbreed. Happy with mine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#35]
MTAC, I love mine
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Hands down, Comp-Tac MTAC. I can't STAND the CrossBreed/Alien Gear style holsters.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hands down, Comp-Tac MTAC. I can't STAND the CrossBreed/Alien Gear style holsters.
View Quote

Go on. I'm assuming you've used both MTAC and Crossbreed/clone. What makes the MTAC so much better or what makes the Crossbreed so bad? Considering a new holster purchase in the next week.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Go on. I'm assuming you've used both MTAC and Crossbreed/clone. What makes the MTAC so much better or what makes the Crossbreed so bad? Considering a new holster purchase in the next week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MTAC is much more compact than the AlienGear.  Also, the AlienGear holster doesn't fully cover the trigger guard on my G19.  

Also, the first holster AlienGear shipped to me had a crack running all the way through the Kydex shell, and I had to pay $10 to ship it back, as "we don't do shipping labels".

Overall, not an impressive experience and the holster itself isn't as comfortable as the MTAC (has exposed metal fasteners).

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, yes I have. As stated, the Comp-Tac is MUCH more compact. I absolutely despise/can't stand how much real estate the CB/AG style takes up on the waist. The Comp-Tac also has a leather backer so you won't have metal hardware digging into your skin and/or rusting. It's not AS big of a deal with Alien Gear's new clips but I also despise the sharp edged metal clips that come with the CrossBreed and older Aliens. Overall the Comp-Tac gives the impression of being much better made. Lots of people like the CB/AG, I don't.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yes, yes I have. As stated, the Comp-Tac is MUCH more compact. I absolutely despise/can't stand how much real estate the CB/AG style takes up on the waist. The Comp-Tac also has a leather backer so you won't have metal hardware digging into your skin and/or rusting. It's not AS big of a deal with Alien Gear's new clips but I also despise the sharp edged metal clips that come with the CrossBreed and older Aliens. Overall the Comp-Tac gives the impression of being much better made. Lots of people like the CB/AG, I don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been EDCing a Kahr CW40 in a Galco KingTuk (similar to Crossbreed) for a few years now. Trying out some other carry guns and looking at a new holster too. The AG looked interesting because of the price point and similarity to the Galco I use now. I wanted an MTAC back when I bought the Galco but didn't want to wait 6 weeks for one. I Amazon Primed the Galco in a couple days so that's what I've lived with and it has served me well.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I've been EDCing a Kahr CW40 in a Galco KingTuk (similar to Crossbreed) for a few years now. Trying out some other carry guns and looking at a new holster too. The AG looked interesting because of the price point and similarity to the Galco I use now. I wanted an MTAC back when I bought the Galco but didn't want to wait 6 weeks for one. I Amazon Primed the Galco in a couple days so that's what I've lived with and it has served me well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why I bought an Alien Gear when I got my CM9: price, even though I don't like the style. It wasn't worth it and I got an MTAC.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top