Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2017 2:48:16 PM EDT
had one in my hand at my LGS yesterday... I might get it for my EDC to replace the XDS 9 I sold...  thoughts on it? I'm mostly a SA/DA guy anyway
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
In for answers

Thinking of getting one

ETA: LGS wants $466
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In for answers

Thinking of getting one

ETA: LGS wants $466
View Quote
LGS charges tax, right? Why not just buy it for $450 with free shipping and save some $.

Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

LGS charges tax, right? Why not just buy it for $450 with free shipping and save some $.

View Quote
You'd still have to pay transfer fee from FFL,  Eh?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not buy a gun from a company that does not donate directly to anti gun politician campaigns and makes backroom deals to sell out our rights in favor of a carveout for their bottom line.

...or you could buy a Springfield and not do that.

FSA
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
They directly donated to anti gun politicians?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
And that would put it @ 475.00
Even with 8.6% tax it would be in hand that moment vs waiting for the shipment

I may revisit the XDe at a later date. However, I ended up getting another P320 instead
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be interested to know how the XDE shoots. Looks like the bore axles on that thing is high.
Don't know why but every time I look at the XDE it reminds me of a double decker bus. LOL
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm extremely bored with polymer striker fired pistols. I started shooting when basically the only polymer striker fired pistol was the Glock and all the other "wondernines" were of the metal frame DA/SA or DAO hammer fired variety. I have plenty of plastic striker guns and don't need another. They work really well, but they have no character. There is also nothing innovative about them anymore. I really miss the variety that one could get in the S&W 3rd generation autos.

That said, the XD-E interests me. I cut my teeth shooting DA/SA pistols and the dreaded "transition" is a non-issue with a little practice. In my experience most of the people who whine about trigger pull/feel/weight are trying to explain away their lack of skill. Within reason of course, the DA trigger on a Polish P64 is a serious detriment, but it has a 25+# pull.

So, perhaps the XD-E is simply a case of what was old is new again (like the Glock Gen5), but it has its appeal. If it appears in .45 ACP I'll probably get one. I have two XD-S .45s and would like to be able to share magazines.  I do miss being able to reholster while pushing the hammer down, if the trigger gets caught on something there is a warning when the hammer tries to move. With striker guns the first indication of a problem could be a bang. This is especially comforting with appendix carry.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Held a XDE today and I have to say it felt pretty good.  Trigger felt good to.  I might have to pick one up.  If it shoots as good as it feels it might replace my PPS.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I was incredibly stoked about them when they were announced. I laughed at all the losers saying nobody wanted a hammer. I’ve only seen one in a gun case and when I went back to the dealer when they were less busy, it was gone. Springfield sells like crazy in TN for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm extremely bored with polymer striker fired pistols. I started shooting when basically the only polymer striker fired pistol was the Glock and all the other "wondernines" were of the metal frame DA/SA or DAO hammer fired variety. I have plenty of plastic striker guns and don't need another. They work really well, but they have no character. There is also nothing innovative about them anymore. I really miss the variety that one could get in the S&W 3rd generation autos.

That said, the XD-E interests me. I cut my teeth shooting DA/SA pistols and the dreaded "transition" is a non-issue with a little practice. In my experience most of the people who whine about trigger pull/feel/weight are trying to explain away their lack of skill. Within reason of course, the DA trigger on a Polish P64 is a serious detriment, but it has a 25+# pull.

So, perhaps the XD-E is simply a case of what was old is new again (like the Glock Gen5), but it has its appeal. If it appears in .45 ACP I'll probably get one. I have two XD-S .45s and would like to be able to share magazines.  I do miss being able to reholster while pushing the hammer down, if the trigger gets caught on something there is a warning when the hammer tries to move. With striker guns the first indication of a problem could be a bang. This is especially comforting with appendix carry.
View Quote
Agreed.  

I would love it if they came out with some crazy good deal, like Smith was doing with the Shield.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Well yeah plastic striker fired guns are just tools. Metal guns that are hammer fired have a lot more character and style for sure. I don't see myself getting this gun though. If I want a hammer fired single stacked handgun it's going to be a 1911.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top