Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2017 7:03:20 AM EDT
I know,I know the stupid (grip zone) don't care. Put a talon tape over it. Fondled it @ lgs. Seems like a good little pistol for wife on birthday. Anyone w/ experience on this pistol. Likes & dislikes. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know,I know the stupid (grip zone) don't care. Put a talon tape over it. Fondled it @ lgs. Seems like a good little pistol for wife on birthday. Anyone w/ experience on this pistol. Likes & dislikes. Thank you in advance.
View Quote

I owned the xdsc (same gun without the new grip) and it shot anything I put in it and was very accurate.

Soft shooting, and very well built pistol.

However, it was just a little too bulky and heavy for my EDC tastes and I replaced it with an xds9.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the XD Mod2 subcompact.

I find it easy to shoot well. It fits my hand very well with the extended mags and well enough with the flush mags, and I like the front sight, easy to see and quick.

I had wanted a Glock 26 but the shape of the grip just doesn't work for me. The XD fit my hand best of the subcompact double stacked 9s I tried. The grip looks stupid with the Mod 2 graphic, but it feels good and doesn't slide in use.

I know it cycles my defensive ammo (can't recall what I'm using at the moment) and FMJs without issues.

After lots of rounds through it without cleaning the slide stopped locking back on an empty mag reliably. Cleaned it Sunday but haven't shot it since to see if the problem is resolved. Fwiw, cleaning was straight forward and easy.

Holster selection is adequate and growing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a 9mm bi-tone subcompact about three months ago. It really is a nicely built gun. I was actually struck by how high a quality is seemed after years of Glocks and other poly guns. It was reliable and decently accurate. It however didn't work out for me, though that's not the guns fault. I was hoping to make it my new carry gun, but it was too large to pocket carry, and not as comfortable for me to IWB carry. It was mostly bought on a whim, but the free mags were a bonus. I would have bought a full sized one for carry had SA not screwed the pooch.

There is a lot to like about them though, provided you live in a state that you can get full cap magazines. I installed a +2 extension on the short mag for 15+1 rounds.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

That is a .45 shield for comparison.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I just traded a G43 Talo Edition for an XD9 sub-compact two tone (stainless over black) with five 16 round mags with sleeves, five flush fit 13 round mags, 2 double mag holders, and two OWB holsters. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it feels awesome in my hands. The quality of the pistol appears to be very high, and the capacity for size is amazing. If it proves to be reliable... I will be holding on to it for a long time. I've got a couple of other Glocks (19, and 42), and this pistol caused me to completely disregard any fondness I had for my old Glock 43.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top