Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2017 11:05:16 AM EDT
There are a lot more options available than when I upgraded my XD45 years ago. I have an XDM 9mm I want the best trigger I can get and still have everything work like it is supposed to, safely. I've spent lots of hours taking stuff apart and polishing and adjusting for maximum performance. Trigger creep, over travel etc etc with a few different guns.
 I've killed 2 foxes on my farm with headshots at over 30 yards, and other stuff, so I want as much precision as possible since I need to stack all of the odds in my favor.  Center of mass at 7yds is not good enough even though it is a carry gun.
With the dizzying array of triggers available I am hoping there is somebody here who can say "The  xxx xxxx is what you want. It's a perfect match trigger that functions perfectly safely."

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/product.sc?productId=73&categoryId=32

I shoot the extreme kit....it's just beautiful for competition
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Powder River standard kit for  me. I find it right for my family as well. I wouldn't want it any lighter
Carry guns shouldn't have too light of a trigger.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard that changing out triggers should be a no-no on carry guns. It can potentially be used against you in court should you ever have to defend yourself. Considering that and the fact that I can accurately shoot my factory triggered XD-S 9mm just fine, I kept it the way it is after thinking about going with an aftermarket.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If I have to use it, I want to hit what I am aiming at. I'm not going to fret about trigger swap if my life or family member's life is at risk.
Now if you do something stupid like an AD or ND, someone may take that into account.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#5]
So sorta related, figured no need for a new thread. I have a prp drop in trigger. I no no complaints. I would like to get a more positive reset. I want the trigger to spring back with more force on the reset. Is there a way to do this?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
PRP and don’t look back
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PRP and don’t look back
View Quote
This right here. I put them in 4 XDM's. They are great.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I've put the springer precision striker fire spring and the PRP competition triggers in all of mine and my wife's xdm's and xd mod 2s. I absolutely love them. They're not as good as the geisseles in my ARs but they're pretty damn good. I go with the lighter competition triggers because of the weight that the springer precision spring adds to the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PRP and don’t look back
Agreed have them in my XD's and XDm's as well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#10]
PRP all the way.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:07:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I sent mine into springer precision.  The carry package I recall.  Very pleased.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top