Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2016 9:51:32 PM EDT
Pros cons and resell ability? What's your inputs they are both original 3.3 and have been sent in for recall
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for the 45, but I've had a 9 for a little over a yr now. It has become my regular edc, and groups quite  well with anything I put through it. The 45 will probably weigh more when loaded.
As far as selling, xds9's don't last long around here, ymmv.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
My XDS has been 100 percent reliable and has seen some 45 super loads as well. If it can handle that abuse I'm good with it.

Pick one up, you likely won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Ridiculously accurate.  Eats everything you feed it.  Comfortable to shoot.  Comfortable to carry.  Buy one and don't look back...resale will be of no concern to you.

I have both 9 and 45...the above applies to both equally.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#4]
My XDS 45 is my primary EDC gun.  Comfortable to carry and shoot.  Reliable as hell.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ridiculously accurate.  Eats everything you feed it.  Comfortable to shoot.  Comfortable to carry.  Buy one and don't look back...resale will be of no concern to you.

I have both 9 and 45...the above applies to both equally.
View Quote

Just picked up the XDS 45 and it is indeed ridiculously accurate.
My 1st  two 20-25 ft  groups, 5 shot fmj 230 gr Fiocchi, after post-purchase strip/clean/lube were 1 ragged hole the size of a half dollar.
I could not believe it - recoil was not bad and I do like the trigger pull.
Better than I have done with my friend's carry pieces lately with no mention of those brands ... YIKES !

Best $399 I have spent and a visit with 2 friends to our very favorite Ga LGS on Hwy 20 we scooped up 2 xds .45  +  1  xdm compact .45 priced @ $479.  ... we are Happy so far.

Give the. XDS  a look.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My XDS 45 is my primary EDC gun.  Comfortable to carry and shoot.  Reliable as hell.
View Quote

Same here. I use an Alien Gear 2.0. Don't even know it's there. I carry it with one up the pipe
and a 5 rounder with the pinky extension (Pierce I think) which I modified to make it a bit smaller
but still able to get 3 of my sausages wrapped around the grip. Reloads are the 6 rounders.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Can't speak for the 45 but ive had an xd9 service since 2011 and of all the guns ive owned and fired it remains my number one. Ive put thousands of rounds through and have never even had a hint of a malfunction. On top of that i can shoot it fast and its also the pistol Im most accurate with. I owned a 4th gen glock 19 for a few years and although it felt great and handled great I just simply could never shoot as well with it and I was never a fan of its irradic ejection pattern. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the 45 or the 9. For my money I like having more rounds and the 9 won't let you down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top