Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2016 6:29:38 PM EDT
....and expect to get flamed, but I am very new to 1911...bought a deployment with all Task Force grips, etc, and got some 8 round after market mags.   I am a Glock guy, but I was surprised how much I liked the 1911....now I want to get a 1911 to carry when the Glock won't work....but my question is all the SA 1911s have 7 round mag...It would seem all the after market 8 round mags would be good to go, right?
Thanks...v/r W
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Although, not all mags are created equal imo, the majority of my aftermarkets are Chip Mccormick and are fantastic.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks....I bought four when I got the Colt, flawless.  I want to get a SA 1911 to get ambi-safety, etc....thanks again.  v/r W
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
For 8 round magazines, there are two camps.  The Chip McCormick and Wilson Combat. Either one works, and each one has it's quirks.  Occasionally you will find a gun that will not like one or the other.  I have both, run both. There are some others that may work, such as ACT or Tripp.  Yes, those magazines are $30+ each, however in 1911 land, you do get what you pay for magazines.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some 8 round magazines that are only 100% reliable when loaded with 7 rounds. Wilson Combat always gets high marks as far as .45acp magazines are concerned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top