Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2016 4:00:32 AM EDT
A member who is no longer here, was kind enough to let me shoot his personal sidearm.

5" 1911, turned into a 460 Rowland via Clark Customs and man... was that a beast. I got to shoot two mags out of it, and it made my hands numb. They were the light weight "johnny's personal carry" sold by Clark Customs. Specs below.

Johnny’s Personal Carry
Bullet Weight: 185 Grains
Bullet Style: Nosler Jacketed Hollow Point
Case Type: .460 Rowland® Brass
Muzzle Velocity: 1575 fps
Muzzle Energy: 1019 ft. lbs.
- See more at: http://www.460rowland.com/product/johnnys-personal-carry/#sthash.ryH9RhRK.dpuf

After being in contact with Clark Customs on the phone and consulting them. I sad what piece I was looking for and they concurred, citing their preference for the brand and for the Carbon steel, not stainless frame, and that it would be a great choice less one part... The firing pin needed to be replaced.

Tonight I ordered my Springfield Range Officer Operator, Tomorrow, I will be ordering the Clark Customs kit.

Photos will be posted as parts arrive. Only parts that I plan to swap out at this point are the grips for Hogue wrap around and the firing pin, per the recommendations of Clark Customs. (they recommended the pin change not the grips)
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The pistol arrived today. The Clark Customs 460 Kit will be here on Saturday, along with 350rds of 1550FPS 185 gr ammo from Georgia Arms.

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread needs a photo... obligatory "before" photo. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it.  Not to pry, but what's your reason for upgrading to .460 Rowland?  This a bear gun?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I got to shoot one a while back and loved it. I don't mind high recoil and had a blast shooting the 460 in a 1911 pistol that belonged to another forum member.

Not intending to hunt with it, but will be taking it hiking and camping as a defence against anything gun. Still waiting to test fire it.

Final product shown below!
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top